Stayed here for a couple of nights recently. Here are the issues:
- smoke smell: This was supposed to be a non-smoking room, but guests blatantly disregard the policy. My neighbors on the left and the right were smoking away like chimneys and management told me that "only some of our rooms are non-smoking, and yours is"
- internet: connected ok, but I had to do some work and get on my office VPN and it died. Tech support helped, but it was touch and go. Ended up going to a cafe to get work done.
- peeling, broken furniture and fittings in the room: The two bedside lamps didn't work, the kitchen counter was peeling
- general filth: room, premises, laundry room were all filthy. found a couple of insects in the kitchen as well. We'd initially planned to make a few meals in the room to save some money but couldn't bring ourselves to cook there. ended up eating out
- No amenities: unlike other hotels close to the airport, there was no shuttle or park-and-fly. no business center either.
The good part:
- the young man we encountered at the front desk tried to help. He got us tech support on the phone for the internet issue, offered us a different room (which smelled of smoke also, so we declined) etc.
Overall recommendation: Avoid it if you can.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Extended Stay, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling - Dulles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homestead Dulles/Sterling Hotel Sterling
- Extended Stay America Sterling