“So-so place to go...” 3 of 5 stars

Sterling, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“So-so place to go...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This park is very close to my house and quite popular here in the Sterling area. But, if you and your family decide to spend a weekend getaway here coming from a place far away, please don't do that. It's honestly not worth it. I personally think that locals are the only people that can benefit from this park. Reason being, it's not much of a spectacular place, it's nice to hang out at for a day. The river is oh my gosh, so bad and I don't even think it's the highlight of this attraction. And, the only reason why I am giving this attraction a 3 star rating is because of the great little benches and tables they have for picnics, playground, golf course, baseball field, and swimming pool. But, all of these have never really struck me to be amazing. But, I think locals have appreciated this place a lot over the years because of the great accessibility.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Ceprine A

Sterling, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Worst Park”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is by far the worst park I have EVER been to. Many people don't leash their dogs and let them to wander. One even ran up to me out-of-the-blue and bit my upper foot. We exchanged numbers and it turns out the owner refused to cooperate. Afterwards, I had to spend my whole day in the hospital.. Rude people and HORRIBLE park. We saw many people swimming in the river when there is a clear NO SWIMMING sign in the entrance. I've been here many times and was astonished at how the park was poorly maintain. The water was disgusting and polluted with beer bottles and soda cans everywhere along the edges. There was also litter all over he ground. To me it didn't feel like a naturalistic park. It was more like a dumpster from those of a third world country. Feel free to come here if you want to see a marshy wasteland and loud and obnoxious people,

Visited February 2013
2 Thank City_Food_is_Love
Coaldale, Colorado
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Hidden surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Cottages right on the Potomac riverbank. 2-4 bedrooms, surprisingly reasonable rate (for that area). Clean, comfortable, kitchen/basics for cooking. Near to Giant food store for supplies. Meeting space on site for retreats. Discount on golf (I think). Need to arrive/check-in during specific hours, as they close an entrance gate (guest have access keys) Don't lock your key in your cottage!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Mark R
Brisbane
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Good place to spend a lazy day out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Nice place by the river, allowing for water sports, picnics, relaxation and wildlife watching. There is a kid's playground, walking trails and plenty space to enjoy your time outdoors.

Visited November 2012
Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“beautiful park on the Potomac Rive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The leaves were beautiful and a great place just to walk and enjoy. We frequently boat of this park the water is shallow, the fishin is usual good. Lots of kayakers, a few jet skis, and a park full of people in the summer cooking out and enjoying the scen

Visited October 2012