“Nice surprise, great food”
Review of Taste of Vietnam

Taste of Vietnam
Ranked #28 of 249 Restaurants in Sterling
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai, Vietnamese
Reviewed July 23, 2011

What a pleasant surprise. We stopped in this humble strip mall restaurant before going to a movie at the Regal cinemas nearby. We’d planned to go to a fancier Thai restaurant but decided we didn’t have the time. We’re glad we discovered this place. We started with an appetizer sampler with a rice paper roll, chargrilled beef skewers, a spring roll, fried wonton and shrimp toast. I can’t vouch for the authenticity of Vietnamese food and suspect these dishes tilted a bit toward the American love of greasy things. They were delicious regardless. Ordered spicy beef strips in lemongrass with vegetables and rice. The spicy beef had a real kick. I was thankful I’d had crisp, cold 33 beer and a glass of ice water to go along with it. It’s one of the best dishes I’ve had in a while. The missus ordered charcoal grilled pork over vermicelli and vegetables, and declared it “a very tasty dish.’’ The bill came to about $30 before tip for the two of us. We’ll be back.

Reviewed May 17, 2011

Every time we go to Taste of Vietnam, my family would order up bun (vermicelli noodle) with anyone of the BBQ meats (pork, beef, or chicken). The meats are great here; the seasoning is authentic and the taste is yummy.

Try this if you'd like an alternative to Pho, which is the Vietnamese dish that non-Vietnamese people eat.

Reviewed February 11, 2011

Taste of Vietnam is this great little restaurant that serves up the best pho and other delicious Vietnamese treats in Sterling, VA. It has quickly become me and my husband's favorite date night restaurant because it is GOOD and it is right next to the movie theatre and Borders. I always have a hard time deciding betweent the pho with brisket or the bbq beef on vermicelli noodles. The service is excellent and both of us sharing an appetizer, 2 entrees and sharing a delicious deep fried banana dessert only spend about $25 and have left overs for lunch the next day. Great for take out as well!