“nice place and great staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
“nice place and great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

I highly recommend this place . very clean and comfortable. The staff are very professional and super welcoming. I had a small issue during my stay, as soon as I reported it the staff were all over the issue until it was resolved.my thanks to all of you who were involved in solving the problem , especially Ahsan. Thanks again

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you so very much, Mark H, for your most kind review. The Team will be pleased to read your comments; I know that Ahsan will be extra-proud! We strive for excellence; however, if we are unable to achieve it, service recovery is in our hands. I am glad that we made it right for you.

Thank YOU, Mark H, for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling - Dulles Airport.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

This DoubleTree was a refreshing change from our lackluster (and filthy) stay at their Pittsburgh-Airport location. The location here in Sterling was, for the most part, exactly what a DoubleTree is all about. The only complaint I can think of is that on the evening we arrived, finding a parking space was difficult, and we seemed to have to penetrate deep into the "park and fly" section of the lot. To be fair, showing up at 10pm on a Friday at any hotel usually isn't a parking pleasure.

The lobby is clean and modern. Yes, I got a cookie at check in. I don't really understand the cookie, but I'm not going to tell someone who wants to give me chocolate to not give me chocolate.

Our room was very nice. The furniture was in good shape. The bed was incredibly comfortable with immaculately clean white linens. The bathroom was wonderful. I loved the large, walk-in shower stall. I would love to have that in my home. The toiletries were excellent (the conditioner did more for my hair than my own does).

Pool closes at 10pm so we never got to check it out. Probably for the best because of the hoards of teenagers in the hotel, staying for a softball tournament. But, to the credit of the hotel, you'd never know the place was full of teenagers once out of the public areas.

I think a hidden gem of this hotel is the room service. For room service, I felt the prices and fees were incredibly reasonable for exceptional food.

When visiting the DC area, I usually stay out in the Reston-Herdon-Sterling area. Next time I'm out that way, this hotel will be a natural contender. Plus, unlike the Westins I normally stay at out here, the DoubleTree has complementary wireless internet. That sets it apart from so many of the other upscale chains.

Great work, folks! Looking forward to a future stay!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Eightwednesday,

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! We have received great reviews before, nothing so well written and specific. I truly appreciate you taking the time to tell everyone about your experience. This review makes me proud of my team and happy to be a member of a great work environment. It is the glue that holds us together.

Thank you for being our spokewoman.

Lithonia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

I arrived late and there was no one at the desk ... my first thoughts were "oh boy here we go...". Within 5 min. I was in my room with a smile on my face! Everything was great during my 2 night stay. The best sleep away from home that I have experienced in some time ... I think it was the feathered pillows!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Good Evening Lisa M,

Thank you for your review. When I first began reading your review, I was worried! The last thing we would ever want is to not deliver great service to our guest. I can appreciate your thoughts about the bed as this is something most guests enjoy during their visits with us. I apologize for you having to wait while the agent returned to the desk. This is not customary for our location. Again, I am excited that the interaction was above and beyond your expectations.

Ciudad Real, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

We highly recommend this hotel. We stayed 3 nights and we will definitively go back again. This hotel is very clean, the rooms are spacious and the beds were very comfortable. The staff was GREAT! friendly and very professional!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Dear MT Campbell,

Thank you for recognizing our great service provided during your stay. We have a wonderful team ready and willing to help you at any time. I am glad you enjoyed the bed. They are our crown of glory. We thank you for review.

Rowlett, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

The water pressure in the shower was terrible and added at least 10 minutes every morning for my shower just to get soap out of my hair. We originally had another reservation for 3 extra nights under my husbands name because he flew in Thursday. I cancelled the whole reservation because of the water pressure and we moved to another hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I sincerely regret, Vi M, our inability to meet your expectations during your stay with us. We are proud of our levels of services and amenities; however, we failed to represent our best to you. Our shower heads are low-flow without sacrificing a great shower experience. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Feedback is critical in order to achieve the greatest satisfaction possible of our guests. We hope that we have another opportunity to show you our very best.

Yours in Hospitality.
ta101
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stayed in a suite, which was quite large and nicely appointed. The room is modern in design and was clean. However, the water pressure left a lot to be desired. It was a dribble at best, and that alone would deter me from staying at this property. If water pressure is not a concern, the hotel is worth staying at, with a convenient location to Dulles airport.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Ta101,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your visit with us. It's always great to hear how or service impacts our guests. I apologize for the lack of water pressure in the shower. I agree the suite is well appointed. We are trying out a new shower head to improve water efficiency and I a was not aware that it was causing dissatisfaction for our guests. I will look into anothe option for our rooms. Your feedback is appreciated and I look forward to an opportunity to serve you in the future.

Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

The Doubletree is a fine hotel. When I needed an accomodation adjustment, Gabby handled it like an old pro. She pointed out the amenities and highly endorsed the breakfast. She was very congenial and ha a 24 carat smile. If you ever need someone to diffuse a disgruntled guest, I would recommend her. In addition I cannot say nough good things about the entire staff and facility. You are 5 star to me.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be good.