DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I travel extensively for work and enjoyed the nice bed and great bathroom. Room is quiet and very comfortable. Restaurant has a great warm breakfast and lunch was also delicious. Plenty of good shoping nearby.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Hello Reanna H,

I have reviewed you comments regarding your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton. I can always appreciate a comfortable bed myself. Please remember all items can be purchased on the DoubleTree Home website as well. Thank you for the great review!

Reviewed June 24, 2014

A beautiful hotel in all aspects. Staff are friendly and helpful. Bar staff stayed open later to accommodate late arrivals from airport. Plane delay caused many people to have to find rooms. Bed very comfortable. Would definitely recommend!!!!

Hello James P,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey regarding you stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton. I am aware of the large international flight that was cancelled causing several guests to need overnight rooms. I am happy to hear the entire team made the adjustments to accomodate guests in need. We pride ourselves on taking care of our guests and I appreciate you helping us let everyone know we are here to help.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Found the hotel to be very clean and very quiet. The staff was professional and friendly. Was impressed with the front desk making note of the time I inquired about the airport van. The next morning i had decided to take a later van yet the front desk called to ensure if I was late that they would hold the van for me. They anticipated my needs and took note of my inquiries the day before.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Good Day Sharon J,

Thank you for the awesome review. Our hotel team takes pride in providing great service and it makes me extremely happy to see positive reviews about them. I will be sure to share your comments with them as well. Have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Hotel seem to try to be top notch but shower had low water pressure and shower head had much to be desired, the sheet would not stay on the very comfortable bed, no microwave just a fridge, good entertainment set up but had trouble with cable giving fuzzy picture because of the routing and tension on it, finally got it to clear up after wiggling it for several minutes.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Good Day Timhahn,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your feedback and will make every effort to ensure our guest rooms have the proper solution. We have a strong preventive maintenance plan in place and I am confident this will not happen in the future. Please let me know if you will be visiting our area again in the future. We would be happy to provide service to you and your guests.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Every aspect of this experience was excellent The front desk staff was extermely helpful from the time we checked in until out actual cehkout experience. The hotel is new and has a great new physical plant - it is in a great location next to the Dulles Town Center. The shuttle service is excellent. We were there for a family wedding and every aspect of the stay and hotel was excellent. i higly recommend the hotel for the price point, location and facilities.

Hello Donald N,

I am glad you were able to enjoy use of the shuttle and friendliness of our staff during your visit. Guest like you make it so easy to do a great job. I remember checking you and your family into the hotel and I really appreciate you taking the time to review the team. I know you were only here for a wedding but our entire team enjoyed helping and providing service for your family.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I have been a Doubletree customer a number of times while traveling on business in the past. This time it was for pleasure and a wedding at a local country club. Upon arrival we were met by the nicest of staff who made us feel at home, as well as giving us a delicious warm chocolate chip cookie. The room was spacious without the need for an upgrade and the beds were most comfortable. Although the buffet breakfast was fine the pancakes needed some of what southern cooking is noted for. But again the staff was nice and accommodating.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Good Evening Jim V,

Thank you for your positive review regarding your stay at our hotel. It is great to know the staff is as warm as the cookie we present. That is our goal. I will take note of the southern pancake recipe and be sure to provide it to the Chef for future preparation. Please let me know if you plan to visit our hotel in the future and I'll be sure to have a fresh bach for you.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

It was clean, but it is not the Double Tree that you are used to staying in. Think of Hampton Inn and that is exactly what you are going to get with the same type of breakfast option. I was very disappointed with the breakfast, not Double Tree standards. I have stayed in a bunch of Double Trees, around a 100 nights in them last year, and I don't understand why they would build one to compete in the budget hotel market.

Good Day Meeks2002,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and I am dissappointed that you found our location lacking in design and amenity offerings. We pride ourselves in providing an exemplary experience for our guests. I know the breakfast space may not be ideal however, it does boast a varied selection of gourmet items. In addition, we do try to exude the service attitude in every area of our location. Your feedback is very valuable and will be shared with our team to improve the offererd items to our guests. As always, we appreciate your feedback.

Kindly,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!