DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Found the hotel to be very clean and very quiet. The staff was professional and friendly. Was impressed with the front desk making note of the time I inquired about the airport van. The next morning i had decided to take a later van yet the front desk called to ensure if I was late that they would hold the van for me. They anticipated my needs and took note of my inquiries the day before.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Good Day Sharon J,

Thank you for the awesome review. Our hotel team takes pride in providing great service and it makes me extremely happy to see positive reviews about them. I will be sure to share your comments with them as well. Have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Hotel seem to try to be top notch but shower had low water pressure and shower head had much to be desired, the sheet would not stay on the very comfortable bed, no microwave just a fridge, good entertainment set up but had trouble with cable giving fuzzy picture because of the routing and tension on it, finally got it to clear up after wiggling it for several minutes.

Good Day Timhahn,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your feedback and will make every effort to ensure our guest rooms have the proper solution. We have a strong preventive maintenance plan in place and I am confident this will not happen in the future. Please let me know if you will be visiting our area again in the future. We would be happy to provide service to you and your guests.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Every aspect of this experience was excellent The front desk staff was extermely helpful from the time we checked in until out actual cehkout experience. The hotel is new and has a great new physical plant - it is in a great location next to the Dulles Town Center. The shuttle service is excellent. We were there for a family wedding and every aspect of the stay and hotel was excellent. i higly recommend the hotel for the price point, location and facilities.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Hello Donald N,

I am glad you were able to enjoy use of the shuttle and friendliness of our staff during your visit. Guest like you make it so easy to do a great job. I remember checking you and your family into the hotel and I really appreciate you taking the time to review the team. I know you were only here for a wedding but our entire team enjoyed helping and providing service for your family.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I have been a Doubletree customer a number of times while traveling on business in the past. This time it was for pleasure and a wedding at a local country club. Upon arrival we were met by the nicest of staff who made us feel at home, as well as giving us a delicious warm chocolate chip cookie. The room was spacious without the need for an upgrade and the beds were most comfortable. Although the buffet breakfast was fine the pancakes needed some of what southern cooking is noted for. But again the staff was nice and accommodating.

Good Evening Jim V,

Thank you for your positive review regarding your stay at our hotel. It is great to know the staff is as warm as the cookie we present. That is our goal. I will take note of the southern pancake recipe and be sure to provide it to the Chef for future preparation. Please let me know if you plan to visit our hotel in the future and I'll be sure to have a fresh bach for you.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

It was clean, but it is not the Double Tree that you are used to staying in. Think of Hampton Inn and that is exactly what you are going to get with the same type of breakfast option. I was very disappointed with the breakfast, not Double Tree standards. I have stayed in a bunch of Double Trees, around a 100 nights in them last year, and I don't understand why they would build one to compete in the budget hotel market.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Good Day Meeks2002,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and I am dissappointed that you found our location lacking in design and amenity offerings. We pride ourselves in providing an exemplary experience for our guests. I know the breakfast space may not be ideal however, it does boast a varied selection of gourmet items. In addition, we do try to exude the service attitude in every area of our location. Your feedback is very valuable and will be shared with our team to improve the offererd items to our guests. As always, we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Arrived around 11:00 PM. Speedy check-in, which was nice. Get to my room, which was a suite on the HHonors Diamond floor, and it's black as night. None of the light switches on the wall inside by the door worked. Had to crawl around to find a lamp by the bed. It didn't work either. Finally got the bathroom light on. Not fun ironing by "candlelight".

So this morning, my workmate and I meet downstairs for breakfast. I see the server handing out checks to other patrons, so I inquired and was told the price to which I replied I was a Diamond member and am comped breakfasts. As it turns out, during the speedy check-in, she didn't give me my voucher. So the server goes to the front desk to get my voucher. Well, my workmate who isn't Diamond was denied access to the free breakfast but he had access to the Club floor's free breakfast. I told the server downstairs that I would just eat upstairs with him. Then I was informed that I didn't have access to it. I can't eat upstairs and he can't eat downstairs. Can't win, eh? So he had to go back upstairs and I had to eat downstairs. Good way to kill our planned "get our plan for the day" business meeting, Doubletree.

Probably won't stay here next time due to the lack of electricity in the room and the confusion and/or lack of common sense of the staff members.

But... awesome bedding.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Hello Jacob W,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling Dulles Airport. I apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay with us. I am sure we are normally exceeding our guest expectations in this area. Our team is usually ready and willing to ensure that guest are experiencing an exemplary stay and I regret falling short in this area for your stay. I would hope that your would be willing to give us another opportunity to show you what we are made of in the future. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to further assist you.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

We had to be at Dulles International Airport at 6AM for a flight to Las Vegas, so we decided to stay in a hotel near the airport instead of dealing with the early morning Northern Virginia/Washington DC traffic. The Double Tree was ideal for our purpose, they not only are located very near the airport, but also offer shuttle service to and from; you can even keep you car at the hotel if needed. I had an excellent night's sleep before my departure and did not have to get up at 3AM and fight traffic for two hours prior to my flight.

Good Day Clif M,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling Dulles Airport. We truly appreciate the fact that you took a chance on our location and it worked out well for you. We receive great comments about how much easier it is to get to the airport from our location. Thank you for choosing our hotel and I look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Kindly,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!