DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
Rockville, Maryland
“"Classy"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

A *very* classy place.

Because I booked late, I was given a room on the club floor with superior bedding and amenities which I appreciated, even though I'm not Hilton Honors. The same thing that makes it quiet here makes it hard to find -- on a quiet road off the main highway and surrounded by trees -- almost impossible to find late-at-night.

No charter busses in he parking lot, either.

Room Tip: They're all good. Not a problem here.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Forest20851
Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Good Day Forest20851,

Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor. We are thankful for having such a great set up that helps create a secluded area for our guests. You are the second person to mention the ribs that were prepared as well. I will be sure to share the feedback with the team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for its proximity to the airport and reasonable rates. The bed was by far the best I've had in some time anywhere! The Executive Floor amenities were outstanding--free happy hour that included barbecued ribs and onion rings along with the usual fare--no need for dinner after that! Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Dear 166Claudial,

Thank you for staying at our hotel during your visit to the Sterling, Va. area. I am happy to here your enjoyed our options provided on the executive level. In addition, we get many compliments on our beds and they haven't failed us yet. I appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Boston, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

My stay was very nice except for the mediocre breakfast I had at the hotel restaurant the morning I checked out. I ordered a Belgian waffle which did not taste very fresh and did not automatically come with the accompaniments stated in the menu. The waiter, however, was very attentive and satisfied my requests promptly and politely. My husband was satisfied with the French Toast he ordered. The two staff members who assisted with check-in were extremely pleasant. Even though our encounter was brief, they made me feel confident that the hotel would be attentive if I needed anything. I wish I had gotten the staff members' names because I cannot emphasize enough how nice it was to do business with them. My room was neat and clean, and overall nicer than expected. I rated the "sleep quality" as "very good" instead of "excellent" because the pillows were too soft for my taste. Otherwise, the bed was very comfortable and well-appointed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Jennifer W,

Thank you for taking the time provide a review regarding your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton. We appreciate the comments you made about our service here at the hotel during check in and I am glad we were able to make you feel at home. I apologize that your order was not as advertised on the menu, but we are working towards ensuring there is more consistency in menu preparation.

Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Everything works as a Swiss clok there. The management is top notch. The service excellent. The whole hotel feels brand new, probably is, and even the food in the lobby is amazing. Very close to the airport and a shopping center

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hell BMiltchev,

Thank your for a rave review. I and elated that you enjoyed the amenities on the executive level. We recently made some changes to the selections being offered and I am glad it was impactful during your stay. I look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Kindly,
Manhattan Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Great stay, check in went smooth, friendly desk, free happy hour very nice, got there right before it ended, host stayed for about a half hour after it ended to make sure we were done. also so very helpful. room was prefect, clean, comfortable, nice restaurant onsite.

Room Tip: put us on the higher floor less noise..
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you, Sparkyy61, for a very complimentary review of the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling - Dulles Airport. Starting off a trip and being able to reflect back with words such as "perfect", "friendly" and "clean" sets the bar that hopefully the remainder of your travels will bring to you, as well. We try hard to make each guest's experience outstanding; we are glad that it was a great start to your time on the road.

Enjoy the rest of your East Coast trip!
New Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I'm not normally too thrilled about hotels with the word airport the name, but this was a nice, clean, good looking (for lack of a better word) hotel. I chose this hotel because it was an option through a race website. We were visiting this area for the VA wine country half marathon for a 3 night stay. I don't know where the airport was but I didn't see/hear one plane. The gym is up to date, clean, small but enough room to get a good workout in. The pool, clean, on the small side. The hot tub didn't look too appealing; that's my only complaint. Rooms are a good size, clean, and beds-so comfortable. Restaurant and bar look inviting. Outdoor seating available which was perfect since it's beautiful weather this time of year. Perfect location to stay of you are doing wine tours. No shortage of shopping/eateries in the surrounding area. I would 100% recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
SainiC, we are so very impressed with the level of detail that you provided regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize that the whirlpool did not meet your expectations, however, we are thrilled that every other area of the hotel was a positive experience. The DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling - Dulles Airport is perfectly located from wineries, shopping, dining, and more exploration.

Here's to your and your future runs! Good luck!
Willis, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great rate, hotel service was great, made you feel welcome. It could use more elevators, the circular design made for a lot of walking, not that its a bad thing, but after the long drive, you really aren't in the mood.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
We appreciate your review, Al B. We hope to be able to provide great service and welcoming team members to you each and every visit. We firmly believe that we provide great rates and even greater value. Thank you for choosing our location and for taking the time to complete a review.

We hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling
BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!