“Gracious and competent people at this hotel will make your stay very pleasant.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21611 Atlantic Boulevard, Sterling, VA 20166   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Romantic Celebration!
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Nampa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Gracious and competent people at this hotel will make your stay very pleasant. Clean, conformable rooms and very nice all around amenities. Nice to have a pool and exercise area right there too. Good in the restaurant (go for the New York Steak--ohhh so good!) Nice breakfasts too. I have no complaints at all with this hotel. Very nice.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you, Michael B, for a very nice review. We are thrilled that our amenities, service and team met and/or exceeded your expectations. We strive for excellence and we always appreciate one of our customers taking the time to comment on such.

We hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you again.

Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We recently stayed at the Doubletree while visiting the DC area for my birthday. Upon entering we were greeted warmly and given warm chocolate chip cookies. Yum!! The room was a nice size and clean. The hotel staff was extremely kind and helpful. My only slight complaint is the bed dipped in the middle, but this is probably an exception to otherwise comfortable beds. Other than that enjoyed the stay. It is located in an industrial complex, but a short ride about 10 mins to the Reston Town Center.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
The DoubleTree Chocolate Chip Cookies ARE the best, MLJohnson! We are so very happy that we were able to make your birthday extra-special. I am most pleased to read that the hotel Team was "kind and helpful". I am sorry about your bed as we have been open for only 4 years. We are truly convenient to both Reston and Dulles Town Centers; glad you found us.

Happy belated birthday! Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling-Dulles.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Everything about this hotel is great. I travel to Dulles once a month and would say no where else. The beds are the best. Everything is clean and the food and service in the restraunt is very good. Always get a great welcome and the shuttle service is very convient. They will even take you to the mall

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
We appreciate your kind words and observations, Josi6350! We are so very glad that you have chosen us as your go-to location for your monthly travels to the Sterling/Dulles area. We are proud of our service, cleanliness and staff and are thrilled that you find them all to be to your liking. We will ALWAYS be happy to take you to the mall!

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling - Dulles Airport, your home-away-from-home at least once a month!

Sincerely -
Vero Beach, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Hotel staff were pleasant and helpful. And to me THE most important criteria - the room was very clean, didn't have any smells, no noises from mechanicals, bathroom clean and modern, all things in working order. A completely functioning and pleasant room. Seriously - the bed ws so completely comfortable I didn't want to get up. In fact, I want to buy the same type of mattress it was so incrediblely comfortable. While the room, the bathroom, the bed and condition of the space all were great, the room service food was not what I would have expected. Considering the premium one pays to get food delivered to the room, I expect that the hot dishes will be actually hot or even really warm. My food arrived cool/cold in two separate orders. It's not like it took a long time from order to delivery eitherr-the food came relatively quick after I placed the order. So it's beyond me why it was cold and clearly had been sitting for while. Even with that I would definitely recommend this hotel - very near Dulles - easy in and out between the hotel and airport and local businesses.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I have reviewed your comments, Daphne R, and though I was so happy to read your positive remarks, I was disappointed that we failed you in terms of the Room Service experience. Regardless of cost, we need to be able to get a great quality of food and beverage delivered to you each and every time. My apologies that this was not the case. I have reviewed with the F&B Team your comments, a necessary step in improving the quality. The beds are divine, aren't they?

Thank you for your thorough review and for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling - Dulles Airport.

Safe travels -
Elizabethtown, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

This is the third time in 3 years that I've stayed at a DoubleTree. This is the second time the fire alarm has gone off and we needed to evacuate the hotel. At this one, we got a bonus fire alarm at 1:00 AM because the hotel needed to test the system. Funny that they didn't warn us on the way back into the hotel after the first alarm that they would need to do this as required by law. On checkout I received the "How was your stay question". When I said "Horrible" the response I received was "Oh, sorry." We'll be shopping another brand next time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you, Brian H, for your candid remarks about your recent stay. A problem was detected within the fire alarm system causing it to sound. When the fire department arrived to the property, it was they that had reset the panel and then engaged the system to sound once again. The Hotel staff was unaware that this would be required. I sincerely apologize for the disturbance to you. Though the system did just as it was required to do in cases of a fault detection, it never the less caused a great inconvenience, one that I regret. The Desk Staff should have expressed this to you, as well.

Again, my thanks for your candor. I hope that you will consider our DoubleTree location, as well as any others, based on location, value and its commitment to safety.

Yours in Hospitality -
columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I travel 45-48 weeks a year. Found this gem 4+ years ago. I stayed every week for 5 months then left to another location across the country. Got another assignment back in D.C. area. Working 1/2 hour away but worth the commute. Out of the 50 + Hilton properties I have stayed at over the past 8 years- this is the best I have found. The staff is outstanding. They definitely go the extra mile to make you feel at home. You will not feel like a customer or guest - you are family. Enjoy your stay

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so very much, pmkhenry, for your most kind review! You are our family and it is our job to make you feel like you are coming home, each and every time you come to the hotel. You are a road warrior and anything that my Team and I can do to make our guests feel welcomed, you can count on it. It is our pleasure!

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Sterling, week after week!

Yours in Hospitality -
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I was required to stay here in March 2014 as part of a group traveling with a youth sports team. Before we checked in, the hotel made me sign a 2-page contract disguised as a 'welcome letter' that gave me the distinct impression they really didn't want our business. I was given a handicapped access room on the 2nd floor (randomly -- I didn't request this.) It had an external doorbell that sets off a very loud buzzer throughout the room. The first 10 minutes I was there, it went off incessantly. When I asked the front desk to disable it or move me, they claimed they had no other rooms with double beds available. Miraculously, when I suggested that I would not pay for my room if they didn't remedy the problem, they found one on the 6th floor (apparently an upgrade, though the rooms were pretty much identical, except for a bathrobe and slippers). My membership in the HHonors program was no help whatsoever. It's a good thing they moved me because other families who remained on the 2nd floor reported finding cockroaches in their rooms. One was moved up to the 6th floor with me. I don't think the others got anything. On the 2nd night of our stay, the fire alarm went off/was pulled around midnight. Some of the people in our group of 18 families were comped a free night for the experience. I wasn't. Apparently to get anything at all, you have to make a stink with the front desk. When you do, they are generally nice about it. Restaurant was just OK and definitely ignore the snack stand by the front desk, which charges $5 for a bag of chips. Our 'welcome letter' informed us that we could not eat food in the lobby or other common areas unless it was purchased there. This rule wasn't enforced, but being required to sign my name to a document agreeing to that was enough to make me think I will stay elsewhere the next time I am in the area.

• 2 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Anna L, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Hello Kapsie,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. We strive for personalized experience for each of our guests and offer enhanced services for comfort and convenience. I appreciate your review as it provides feedback that I need to re-evaluate guest needs and make the necessary adjustments to the level of service. Please don't hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can do to further assist.

Anna Lyons
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Residence Inn Dulles Airport at 28 Centre
Courtyard by Marriott Dulles Town Center

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!