New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Durham, North Carolina
“Weekend Get Away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hotel was nice. I didnt have time to enjoy the bar or indoor pool, but they looked apealing. I would stay again if in the area. The room was nice and quiet. The mall down the street was a nice suprise. Very close to airport. Short drive to DC area if you use toll roads. I choose to take avoid the tolls and drive the extra miles.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Woodbridge, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

The accomodation was adequate, but not great, as would be expected from a Hilton standard. My biggest problem was with the service and the individual that was in chrage the night I stayed with my two children. The front desk clerk was "very" unfriendly and didn't seem to care what my family and I would feel like. She refused to show us rooms, stating that "she was the only one available and cannot show room without accompanying. There was no manager available and she was in charge. It is too late anyway you cannot cancel the reservation." Being a Hilton Honor member and having made reservation with credit card I don't think I should be told that I can't see rooms to have a choice. Poor customer service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Daniel K
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

10min by shuttle from Dulles, 45min by taxi from downtown DC (85USD on avg). Internet wi-fi connection works well from ground floor, it's much slower (well, too slow) from the rooms. Rooms have everything you need and front desk staff is helpful. Breakfast is great but I would recommend to have lunch/dinner outside since the menu is limited to sandwiches and few salads. Swimming pool is really small (I wouldn't call it "swimming"...). In summary, good location for business except for the speed of the network from the room.

Herndon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Front desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The bar tender was first rate. Rooms were comfortable and clean. I was extremely impressed by the modern facilities, parking in front was tight but no problem because the hotel was top notch.

Fort Myers Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

The hotel is close to the airport , the staff was very welcoming. The biggest thing for me with this hotel is how clean the place is the maid does a wonderful job cleaning the room which is great! The beds here are amazing a great sleep every night couldn't be happier , simply a great place would stay again and again. Only thing i don't like is the handicap bathrooms don't get a handicap bathroom trust me u will be sorry !

Room Tip: Avoid the handicap bathrooms
new braunfels, tx, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

this was the 3rd time i stayed here. All have been good. This is my first review. Not sure why I have to enter 200 words minimum? I don't like to write! This was a nice stay until I had to enter 200 words minimum!!! Who ever thought up that requirements needs some talking to. I do not like to write!! yes, I know I said that. But I am required to enter 200 words minimum. So forgive me for repeating myself and trying to make it to 200 words minimum!!!

Japan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Don't expect too much even if you get the executive suite. I stayed in room 600 and upon arrival, found some hair on the sink and bathroom floor. Toilet was not even flushed. Mold around the shower room floor particularly the door area and there were also hairs in the cover drain. Internet is hit or miss because it oftentimes get disconnected. There was only one person in the front desk when our shuttle arrived so we have no choice but to wait. Clerk seems brand new since she told me that their computer system wouldn't take my address and yet I've stayed at numerous Double Tree hotels in the past. Didn't even hand me a cookie upon my group's arrival. The only good thing about this hotel is the bed and the location. Walmart is about 5 minutes walk as well as some decent restaurants.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling
Courtyard Dulles Town Center

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!