DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Scarsdale, New York
“I like it here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I travel to the area on business quite often. We get a great corporate rate but that's not a consideration. I would stay here if I was traveling to the area on my own. The rooms are always clean. The bath towels are large and absorbent. I especially like the bathrobe. The staff is efficient and friendly without being in-your-face chummy and they seem to always ready to please the guests

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Clearwater, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Overall i was happy with my stay. The service at breakfast was slow, but i was not bothered too much by it. If in town for business again, i will stay here. Overall i was happy with my stay. The service at breakfast was slow, but i was not bothered too much by it. If in town for business again, i will stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Rooms are expensive, but nice. Very limited in places that allow quick food pick up. Only a MacDonalds within a 5 mile radius and 2 sit down restaurants. Returned from Sportsplex for 10 minutes to eat before having to go back to event taking place. Restaurant/bar was closed (was 10:30pm). Staff member would not let kids eat in restaurant area (which was empty) before returning to Sportsplex. Was rude and inappropriate. We only had 10min to eat before returning to Sportsplex and even offered to clean up before we left. Was told if the food was not from the hotel, we could not eat it there. Told the kids they could not open the MacDonald's bag. We felt very uncomfortable and disrespected. Will not return again. After talking to manager 3 days later by phone (who was very concerned and professional) was told there are strict laws about food in the dining room. Seems that could have been communicated to us in a more appropriate manner, avoiding the entire incident altogether.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars

Inwood, West Virginia, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Spent two nights at the hotel for a family wedding. Checking was early and although we had to wait a few minutes the staff was accommodating and very polite. Lunch while waiting was very good and even though there was a mistake made they noticed before I did and made it good without any extra charge. The event manager was very helpful as we helped with making sure the room for the rehearsal dinner was day. The room was large for a standard room, bathroom very nice and clean, counter space, fridge with nice counter top for lots of room. The beds were fantastically wonderful, comfortable chair, roomy desk, wifi connection good, windows almost looked like home windows. Outside courtyard was lovely. The only down side was that the pool area was very small. The pool itself was nice but the was limited seating and there were lots of kids there the who,e weekend for a softball tournament and the young ones insisted on running, being loud and jumping into the water while parents did little to contain their noise out of respect for others. Not a big deal. At the dinner I made a request for a drink that was not in the room and the waitress went and got it for me. Overall,very nice stay, wonderful and restful for the occasion. Breakfast buffet was average but the wait staff very polite and helpful!

Reston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed 4 nights while work was being performed on my home. I very much enjoyed my stay. The staff were friendly and professional, the room was clean and fresh, the bed was very comfortable, and room service was prompt. I have no complaints at all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Ellicott City, Maryland, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I booked the Park and Fly package at this hotel and was glad I did! Upon check-in I was notified that I was the "Guest of the Day." I received a complimentary fruit and cheese plate in my room as my "prize." We were celebrating our anniversary (which I did not inform the receptionist) so it was good surprise. The rooms were modern, roomy, and quite. The beds were some of the best that I have slept on, very soft and comfortable. The breakfast was one of the best breakfast buffets I have eaten at. However, I was unaware of the price until I received the bill for $13 a person, which I thought was a little high. The park and fly worked out great with being able to park in the hotels parking lot and take the shuttle into Dulles which was about 10-15 min away. There was some problems with the shuttle van and the hotel manager came out to address us and the problem. The Dulles shopping mall is also only about 5 minutes away. The staff and hotel are wonderful and would highly recommend to anyone staying in the area for the airport or anything else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Wanted something close to Dulles Airport for an early flight, and this hotel proved to be perfect. Staff was friendly, room was very clean and comfortable, and it was a very good value. The shuttle not only got us to the airport quickly for our flight, but also picked us up at our car rental place the afternoon before. It was a plus having a restaurant/bar on site; although, the shuttle also provides transport within 5 miles of the hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and would stay there again if ever in the area.

• 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Courtyard Dulles Town Center

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!