New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Potosi, Missouri, United States
“Comfort, relaxation, and the best place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This hotel has been my favorite place to stay for the following reasons: comfortable beds and linens, clean rooms, great food at the hotel, indoor swimming, a fitness room. The rooms include a small fridge and coffee pot. I was greeted with a delicious cookie at check in. The staff was always pleasant and quick to reactivate my card when I had got it next to a magnet unknowingly. The bartender Bill is the best. How wonderful he and the staff in the kitchen work to make everything so smooth and enjoyable. I will definately be back.

Room Tip: Higher floors are more quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ken H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our staff, I will share your comments with each one mentioned. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Manhattan, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

most comfortable beds! quiet & peaceful rooms. delicious cookies! Shuttle to shopping and a variety of restuarants local and chain. (Try the Burmese place if you like thai or indian).
The staff were very friendly and willing to go above and beyond to make our stay great. The food at the bistro downstairs of the hotel was good too!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ken H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay. I was glad to see you had a restful night sleep and appreciate how comfortable our beds really are, many guests feel the same way. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the entire staff to read. We hope that when travel brings you back to our area you will allow us to be at your service again.
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stay here for business and personal. Friendly staff, great rooms and reasonable price. At times I have an issue when calling in and the person on the phone cannot quite 'get it', but overall a good experience every time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ken H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We will work harder to "get it" on calls and to regain your loyalty. We look forward to your next visit.
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Bartender Bill (Basilis) is a pleasure! Front desk staff are friendly and efficient! I was guest of the day on my last visit and was honored with a cheese/crackers/fruit plate in my room. Shuttle to/from Dulles runs on the half hour which is so convenient.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your omments regarding your most recent stay with us. I will pass along your comments to Bill, he is great to work with as well and thoroughly enjoys his job. We look forward to your next visit. Travel safe.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Staying here while writing this review and this has got to be one of the nicest Doubletree properties at which I have stayed. The hotel is about 3 years old according to the front desk staff, but it looks and feels brand new. I checked in late for a one night stay, and the front desk person welcomed me and offered a later check out, which I gladly accepted. Being a gold member of the Hilton Honors program, my room is on the top floor and it is extremely quiet. The room itself is well appointed with a very comfortable bed, spacious area for relaxing, and a modern bathroom - all of which is extremely clean. The lobby, restaurant, pool, and fitness center are also very nice. On top of the amenities, the staff here is professional and accommodating which is something that is truly valuable. The property is located just minutes from the Dulles airport, shopping, and restaurants which the Doubletree offers a door to door shuttle to and from. I give very few "excellent" reviews because I think there is always room to improve. In my opinion, this Doubletree property has it figured out and is worthy of the high review provided.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Coach5000
Ken H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for the compliments regarding your most recent stay with us. I am glad to see that you were pleased. The entire team here appreciates all comments guests make and we use this feedback as a guage for our delivery of service. We look forward to being at your service again when travel brings you back to our area.
Falls Church, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My family stayed at the Doubletree in Sterling because I had won a free 2 night stay through a work raffle. We decided to stay over the weekend because I had to be in the area for school anyway so it became a family mini vacation even though we live only a few miles away. We spent a lot of time in the pool with my 2 year old son and most times we had the pool area to ourselves, which was nice. Personally, I was a little let down though when I found that the hot tub was not actually hot & I did notify the front desk about that on our departure. Otherwise the Doubletree was a nice facility and we would stay there again if we needed another mini vacation! In fact, I am still having cravings for those warm cookies!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Ken H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed the amenities the property has to offer, I apologize for the cool to warm whirlpool spa. The hot tub spa heater has been fixed and is now perfectly heated and we are ready for the next mini vacation. Rest assured the cookies will always be warm and delicious.
Khartoum
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Interacted with lots of different front desk staff as I arrived late night and stayed over the weekend into the week -- and found all the front desk staff to be helpful and attentive. For example, alerting the driver that I was the sole passenger to the airport, helping with a refund when the soda machine ate my money. (Note: the hotel sells bottled water cheaper than the vending machine.) It is a bit off out of the way but feeling like an appreciated guest made up for it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ken H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for the favorable review of your most recent stay at the Doubletree Dulles Airport. I will share your comments with the Front Desk staff and drivers. I hope that when travel brings you back to our area you will again allow us to be at your service.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Courtyard Dulles Town Center

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!