“Fantastic for the price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Limerick, Ireland
“Fantastic for the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The hotel is only a few minutes from Dulles airport in a great location. Checking in was simple and hassle free, had a fantastic meal in the restaraunt and the room was excellent and spotlessly clean and that bed was awesome most comfortable hotel bed i have ever slept in. The price was fantastic i was expecting an inferior hotel for that price but was pleasantly surprised Will definitely stay in a doubletree again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ken H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your kind review and I am glad you enjoyed your staty with us.
We look forward to your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Charlestown, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Although the rooms are a bit small, the room is immaculate with super comfy beds. A wonderful addition not found at many Doubletrees is an executive lounge which provides a full breakfast and truly tasty hor d'oeuvres for those who either pay for the floor or are Diamond members. The staff are very friendly and welcoming. This is a great choice if you need to stay near Washington Dulles airport. It's also close to Dulles Town Center for shopping and dining options.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at the Doubletree hotel and for your kind words.
We look forward to being at your service when travel brings you back to our area.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed for approximately a week while moving. Got a special to get the free breakfast per night.

Love the bed design and setup - was a very nice, quiet room.

Breakfast had a changing selection and an attentive staff. It seemed though the front desk person was more interested in continually giving me a slip of paper with hotel discounts.

I liked it overall - it just seemed like their wasn't a complete attention to the guest.

Room Tip: High floor, away from elevator. Choose a rate off of Double Tree's website for a breakfast incl...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Ken H, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your most recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Sterling - Dulles Airport. I am glad you felt that our beds were comfortable and you enjoyed the design and set up. All the staff do care greatly about the guest experience, I must apologize if we did not come through for you with a complete attention to your needs. I will bring your comments to the team for review and look for ways to improve.
Hershey, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

As a HH Gold Member, I stay at a lot of properties. This hotel is exceptional! Due to my status I got upgraded to the 6th Floor (Executive Level). This floor is private (one can only access the floor via key access). The concierge lounge was exceptional. Laura; the conceirge attendant in the evening was extremely pleasant and accomodating. The appetizers, drinks, etc. were delicious and abundant. The lounge offerred a full extended continental breakfast in the morning. Everything was hot and fresh and I noticed that they constantly refreshed the food, (scrambled eggs, oatmeal, sausage, breakfast potatoes) in order to ensure that every guest had an exceptional experience. My room was absolutely beautiful! This was seriously one of the nicest rooms I have stayed in, in a very long time! Not only was the room exceptionally clean, but the furnishings were all new. The bed was extremely comfortable. My room had 2 rooms and 2 pairs of slippers! The bathroom amenties included Crabtree and Eveyln soaps, shampoos, etc. This was not that smelly "grandma" perfume scent that Hilton properties used to offer. Rather, this was the "Citron", refreshing citrus / lemon scent that was pleasing and enjoyable to use. I ordered room service one night and the food and service was exceptional. The high speed internet access was wonderful! I don't have any complaints. The only complaint I have was I wished I was able to stay longer. This was such a beautiful propertly. Everyone was so nice and helpful. Beverly at the front desk is a gem! I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ken H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you very much for the kind words in your review. I am glad we were able to make your stay with us enjoyable. We look forward to being at your service again when your travel plans bring you back to our area.
Warren, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I've never been disappointed at Doubletree Hotels. The rates at this hotel made me a little skeptical, but I was not disappointed when I discovered the same high quality that I'm used to at Double Tree!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ken H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
I'm glad that we met your expectations of what a DoubleTree Hotel means for you. Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent experience. We look forward to being at your service again if and when travel takes you back to our area.
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed one night after being on a European trip. We had purchased a Park, Stay and Fly package that included one night stay, parking for up to 14 days and complimentary breakfast buffet. We left our car on the front end and used the airport shuttle going and coming back. Everything went smoothly.
Our room was nice with big comfy bed and nice bathroom. It was clean and everything worked. The free WIFI was great. We had a really nice breakfast the next am with juice, eggs, breads, fruit, sausage, bacon, cereals and more. It was convenient and we were on our way home with a minimum of fuss.
Nice place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your most recent stay with us. I am glad to see that your experience was enjoyable. We hope to be at your service again in the future.
northern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night, before an early morning flight out of Dulles Airport.

The staff members I encountered when checking in and checking out were pleasant in a rather anonymous, business-like way.

Room #412 was clean and comfortable and everything worked well, 'tho some of the furniture was looking a bit worse for wear, the desk in particular.

The bed was a bit softer than I like but nonetheless I slept soundly on it, perhaps because I was so tired.

Having a regular little refrigerator instead of a price-gouging minibar was a nice extra touch. Free wi-fi with excellent speed was also much appreciated.

Just a few cautionary notes for future guests:

Try to get an ODD numbered room on the back of the hotel; i.e. NOT facing Atlantic Avenue in front of the hotel. Apparently the rooms aren't all that sound-proof, because a few motorcycles that raced passed the hotel were jarringly loud.There was also some sort of bump in the road in front of the hotel: whenever a truck drove over it, the resulting sound resembled booming thunder. When I opened the curtains in the early morning, I was surprised to see that they're hadn't been a thunderstorm!

Keep in mind that this isn't precisely an airport hotel; the airport is over five miles from the airport. So if you're driving to the airport or taking the hotel shuttle, remember that the local roads are predictably clogged with traffic at certain times of day.

Room Tip: Avoid even-numbered rooms on the front of the hotel because of road noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Ken H, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for the review of your most recent stay with us. I was happy to see that you received a great level of guest service and did enjoy your guestroom. Also, thank you for bringing the condition of the guestroom furniture of your room to our attention in addition to the level of noise on a particular side of the building. We will be sure to take your feedbackinto consideration and take the necessary actions to assist guests who might experience an abnormal amount of noise. I do hope when traveling to our area again you will stay with us. Thank you again for your feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling
BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!