“Excellent Hotel , spotless clean and good restaurant” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21611 Atlantic Boulevard, Sterling, VA 20166   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Romantic Celebration!
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
ekibrush
“Excellent Hotel , spotless clean and good restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

This was the first hotel we stayed in on our June trip to the USA.
It's located not too far from Dulles Airport. Maybe a 10 minute drive.
This hotel seems to be completely new. Room was excellent. Not too awfully big , but great comfy beds and everything new and fresh.
Free internet.
Breakfast good quality , although the choices weren't too big. But the quality is what matters.
They have a restaurant also at night which serves a small but good menu. Quality was quite good. Nice to have this service if you arrive from a long flight and don't feel like getting out anymore.
Hotel is located in a business area. No shopping around and no restaurants around either ( not what I've seen at least ).

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

I had to book a room for a coworker from Africa and have been getting just great service from Hilton. Am really impressed with the level of customer service from them. My colleague's dates of travel changed, and I had gotten a phenomenal rate ( hint use the Hilton MVP program in conjunction with Hilton honors). When I tried on the website to change my reservation, I had problems--I had to call, I dreaded it thinking I would lose the fabulous promo rate I had gotten--no I got very good customer service from the woman on reservation number and the MVP rates. When I checked in, Edwin the evening manager was very helpful, got my friend added to my reservation, and breakfast vouchers as the executive room was not available. I missed my friend at the airport (major messes because of electrical storms) but he found his way to the airport via the shuttle--easey peasey--too easy because I was waiting at baggage claim and he was in his room already. The king bed room was lovely--not huge but not at all cramped--for one guest it is nice. Full length mirror nice. Bathroom has a shower stall--a very pretty bathroom with wood console. With a microwave, I would add one more star. The breakfast buffet is very nice. The hotel is brand new. It is several blocks walking from anything--with a rental car you can get to restaurants and shopping, Dulles Town Center Mall. Got late checkout with Hilton Honors account. And those doubletree cookies are still a nice touch.

virginia beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

A really nice hotel stay. One night for business. The hotel was clean and well maintained. The staff was very friendly and professional. I received a call when I got to the room to see if everything was ok. Nice continental breakfast the next morning. Will definitely stay there again. A great bargain for the price.

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

I stayed in the Doubletree Dulles for 2 nights in August 2011. The bed was amazing. One of the best beds in which I have slept. The staff was exceedingly nice and showed that they really wanted to serve. The cookie at check in was also pretty awesome. While the hotel has Dulles Airport in it's name, it is 5 miles from the airport and had constant shuttles between. This means no low flying planes rattling the rooms.

I stayed on the executive level, which during the week has a breakfast area open on the floor vice going to the lobby. The omelet was great and there was a nice selection of french toast, cereal, bacon, etc. I ordered room service and really enjoyed the chicken fingers in a spicy sweet sauce.

The room was tight, but functional. The desk included AV hookups for the TV and a USB charging port. The bathroom had a stand up shower instead of a bath tub. Overall, this was a pleasant surprise and I will be staying here again.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

From the minute i walked in and knew the room would be nice and it was. I got a king bed and the bed was like floating on clouds. The bathroom is very up to date and modern with the floor to ceiling shower and very nice sink. No bathub but not a problem for me. Room has a refrigerator but no mircrowave but that was ok for me too. Nice size flat screen tv. All the countertops have garnite. Plenty of space for clothes. Free wifi. Well light rooms, Nice work space. Only then i didnt care for was the carpet GERMSSS i think about what goes on in hotel so i kepy my shoes on because they dont shampoo the carpet everyday so aint no telling what has been on the carpet. Yes the carpet appeared clean and did not have any ordors im just being cautions. overall, i will definitely stay here again, very quite and god night sleep. no complaints!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I really like this hotel. The beds are super comfortable and the room is very clean. The hairdryer provided is very good, there is also an iron with ironing board that works great. USA today was left at the door which is always a plus. There is plenty of free parking. I gave the room 4 stars because of the lights in the room are fluorescent and not very cozy. There are also no shower caps provided in the bathroom. The mall nearby is huge and the van will take you there. :)

• Stayed June 2011
      Location
      Rooms
Key West, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

After missing our flight connection, we booked a night at this hotel. I've never stayed at a Doubletree before so I can't speak for the chain but we were pleasantly surprised. The room was $89.00 plus taxes. Nearby hotels were charging $159.00 and up. All the staff at the hotel was friendly and competent, and the waiters in the small restaurant were exceptional. This is not a destination hotel, but we would not hesitate to book it again if we had to overnight in the area.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank MisterTravel1000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Residence Inn Dulles Airport at 28 Centre
Courtyard by Marriott Dulles Town Center

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!