New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
New York City, New York
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2011

Clean, beautiful, friendly staff, amazing breakfast. Best hotel we stayed in from Memphis to New York and was affordable. Stay here.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cx_ster, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, March 10, 2011
Dear Rachel,

Thank you for your candid comments, we were delighted with your evaluation and we have shared your responses with our staff. We appreciate your business and we hope that we see you again soon.

Alex Pineda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Ocean View, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2011

Erik and Alex are the greatest employees the hotel has. I have stayed there twice and my stays have been outstanding. The rooms have been very comfortable and so clean.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Erika,

Thank you for taking the time to share your nice comments, Erik and I were delighted to see that both of your stays were exceptional. We appreciate your business and we hope that we can see you again soon.

Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2011

This is amazing hotel. Has all the facilities like shuttle bus to the airport, complementary breakfast and most important very clean. During my visit I was greeted by Erik, very friendly person, helped me to get the exact room that I was looking for. This is the hotel one must try during their visit to Sterling.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Dear Tom9988,

Thank you for your nice comments I'll make sure I share them with Erik. We love to celebrate our successes, and our staff certainly enjoys knowing that their hard work is appreciated and recognized by our guests.

mamaroneck, ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2010

We stayed here one weekend as a visit to DC. The hotel is a little far outside DC, but the bargain was worth it. The rooms were clean and nice, new furniture. The lobby and hallways were also clean and well-maintained. Best was the breakfast that was included - it was a real breakfast. Two types of eggs, sausages, fruit, waffle-maker and more. We were very happy with our stay and thought the deal was great.

Mike & family from NY

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Orinda, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2010

I picked this hotel because I was flying into Dulles late and thought it would be more convenient to stay near the airport and make my way into town the next morning than late at night. There are many hotels near Dulles that offer a free shuttle service. This one had good reviews so I purchased a pre-paid room via EasyClick Travel. Imagine my surprise when I called at 10:40 pm for my ride and the front desk attendant said that their driver routinely goes home at 10:30 and that no one was available to pick me up--despite the fact that their web site said free shuttle service from 6 am until 11 pm on weekdays, which this was.

Having pre-paid for the room, I felt I had no choice but to go there as opposed to one of the many other near airport choices. I grabbed a cab for the short ride and gave a big tip to avoid the wrath of the driver. $20 down the drain. The front desk clerk wasn't apologetic or particularly concerned and certainly didn't offer to reimburse for the cab ride. On top of that, I was hungry and on West Coast time so I was looking to get something to eat. The fast food place next door closed at 9 pm, so all she could suggest was some fruit, cookies or whatever leftovers I could find in the breakfast room.

The next morning when I checked out, the front desk clerk asked how my stay was. I told him the story about not being able to get their shuttle. He apologized, said that I was not the first person that had happened to, took my cell phone number and said his manager would call to see what they could do. It's now 23 days later and no call. And their web site still lists the complimentary shuttle service until 11 pm.

Other than the problem with the shuttle, the hotel was perfectly acceptable. But the continued false web advertising, the lack of concern from the nightime front desk attendant, and the lack of follow-up by their manager reallly leaves a bad taste. Had their manager simply followed up as I was told he/she would, I would have given this hotel a very different rating.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank castriker888
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2010

My husband & I traveled to the Washington DC area for a conference and stayed at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The rooms were large and very nice. The breakfast was quite tasty with a good variety. The hotel itself appears to be very well maintained, very clean, and quite homey. The round the clock refreshments in the lobby were refreshing after long days of seminars and sightseeing! The staff graciously offered us perfect information on restaurants and points of interest, as well as the best way to get to downtown DC. In fact, they gave us a ride on the hotel shuttle to catch the bus into DC and then came & picked us up when we got back! As far as dining goes, while there was only a Burger King within walking distance (right across the driveway), there are several great restaurants just minutes from the hotel. All in all, it was a great experience and I would recommend Country Inn & Suites in Sterlng, VA to anyone!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank threegrandgirls
cx_ster, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, October 7, 2010
We appreciate you taking the time to complete the trip advisor's survey regarding your recent stay with us. I'll share your nice comments with my staff.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inns & Suites we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2010

the hotel was very nice.. looked old from the outside but was very nice inside..
the staff were very friendly and helpful...
the rooms were clean and the shower was great :)
i used the shuttle service the next morning and i did miss out on breakfast but the shuttle driver did ask if i wanted to eat before i left, was nice not to be rushed :)

very nice would love to stay again if i ever needed to

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Tashie09
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Comfort Suites Dulles Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport

Property: Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport
Address: 45620 Falke Plz, Sterling, VA 20166-9479
Location: United States > Virginia > Loudoun County > Sterling
#4 Business Hotel in Sterling
#5 Family Hotel in Sterling
#5 Romantic Hotel in Sterling
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn And Suites Washington-Dulles Int`l. Airport