Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We had a two queen non smoking room. The hotel is conveniently located near Dulles and about 40 min. from downtown DC. The room was a good size, clean, and comfortable. The breakfast was quite good, and the homemade cookies were yummy. The staff was very good, as well.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed here primarily because they had a good price, good location and free airport shuttle. I was pleasantly surprised. I stayed two times. The first visit in a standard room, which was large, clean, and quiet. My second stay was in a suite, which was great. I'll certainly stay again should I be in the area. I didn't have the breakfast either time so I really can't rate that.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 5 days while visiting Washington DC and area. This hotel is cozy and intimate, however the breakfast area is very small for the amount of people we encountered. It was a little chaotic and tight. The free breakfast is always a bonus for our family and everyone found something to eat. The rooms were clean, could do with a little more dusting, but wasn't too bad. We had ants in our first room, and they got into everything, the front desk tried to help with some remedies, and promised to move us to another room the next day, which they did and all worked out fine. The children were a little disappointed for the lack of a pool, a mistake on my part :-) We did not use the airport shuttle. We used a metro while in the area, so from the hotel to metro was about 12 miles, traffic on the roads was an inconvenience, but we were prepared for this.
Kids really liked the fresh baked cookies and apples in the lobby. Staff was very pleasant and courteous. I would recommend this hotel to all types of travelers. It is close to the highway, The Air and Space Museum, Va, Dulles Airport, Shopping, and more. Overall it was a good experience minus the pool. :-)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stayed at The Country Inn & Suites in early 2012. Arranged for my reservation through Expedia.com and paid for my one night's stay in full. A few months later, a second charge appeared on my credit card for one night's stay. I called Country Inn & Suites and following some investigative work from their side, they realized they had made a mistake in charging me a second time and removed the erroneous charge. A year later, my credit card has been arbitrarily charged yet again for the same amount, even though I paid in full what I owed for my original stay back in 2012 and I have NEVER stayed at the hotel since then! Been through hell and back trying to sort this issue out with promises and assurances from management that my credit card will be refunded for the erroneous charge. It's been 3 weeks since the charged appeared on my credit card, and still no refund. Worst of all is that Country Inn & Suites tried to pin the mistake on me claiming that the random charge came about because I made my booking through Expedia and that Country Inn never received it's money from them. I still don't understand how this is my fault and why I am being held liable for a miscommunication between Country Inn and Expedia. Long story short, if you are going to stay here, make sure you don't book through a third party such as Expedia or Travelocity. That will just throw them off and result in random charges appearing on your card for years to come.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Globetrotter810
Carlson Hotels C, online customer support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. We understand the inconvenience an unexpected charge can cause. Please contact Corporate Customer Care if you require additional assistance in this matter.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

After a 15 hour flight with 2 year old twins, was very convenient. Free pick up and drop off at the airport around 15mins.A special thanks to a very honest driver. Suite comfortable for two adult and two children What you would expect from the Radisson Group. Staff very pleasant. A quite location,with a Gas station (for those small needs) and Burger King on your doorstep.

Location, A 45 min bus ride to the centre L' Infant Plaza - from which all major attractions within walking distance

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We spend two nights here before flying back to home. Hotel was nice and the studio room was suitable size for us. The room was clean and also the bathroom was fine. In the bathroom I wondered what might be the reason for the sink to look old and cracked also the bathtub was not quite sparkling. You can hear some noises from other rooms especially in the bathroom. The airplane noise was not too bad. There was little more variation on the breakfast buffet, but we are not used to gravy and biscuits :)

There is quite a few restaurants with little drive away and also some sightseeing possibilities. We tried to visit The Marshall House in Leesburg, but it is open only weekends, but the town is nice and the country side around it is beautiful.We did some shopping in two outlet malls.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Better than most in offering 14 day park and ride for more than reasonable room tariff. Our room CLEAN, QUIET, AND COMFY. More than adequate breakfast. Ten minute shuttle ride to Dulles and prompt pick up on return. Staff especially friendly Ruth at front desk and driver Maria in particular.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CalinCa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Best Western Dulles Airport Inn
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport

Address: 45620 Falke Plz, Sterling, VA 20166-9479
Location: United States > Virginia > Loudoun County > Sterling
#4 Business Hotel in Sterling
#5 Romantic Hotel in Sterling
#5 Family Hotel in Sterling
Price Range: $85 - $148 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles Int`l. Airport Hotel Sterling