Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
San Francisco, California
“Great family place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

This Country Inn & Suites was extremely comfortable for a recent stay with our young kids. Having a suite meant good sleeping arrangements for everyone, and the free amenities (wifi, breakfast) made for a great value. The kids loved finding books to their liking in the bookshelf in the lobby, and of course couldn't get enough of the always-available cookies at the front desk. Most importantly, though, everyone we interacted with on the staff, from front desk to breakfast service to housekeeping, was friendly, helpful, and really sweet to our kids. A special thanks to Dora in the breakfast room for keeping the kids happy so mom and dad could enjoy breakfast in relative peace!

Room Tip: Our suite on the 2nd floor, front side of building was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Katherine C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Fredericksburg, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

This was my first stay at a Country Inn & Suites. I was in Ashburn on business, but the conference hotel was full and the "overflow" hotel was $20/night more than the CIS. As I have the co-branded credit card, staying here was an obvious choice. I had a car, so getting to/from my meeting location was quite easy, especially as the hotel is quite close to route 28.

I was upgraded to a suite, which was quite nice. I would say that the hotel is clean but a little tired. There was a hole in the wall where the bathroom door handle hits, and the hole had been taped over. But not a big deal as far as I am concerned.

Of more concern was the service dog in the room next door that was barking when I returned to my room at 10 pm Saturday night. I didn't complain right away, as I wasn't going to bed, and it was really only audible in the bedroom part (I hoped the owners would return soon). When they didn't return and I was starting to get ready for bed, I called the front desk. They called the room, but got no answer. They sent someone up and got no answer. They called me to see if the dog was still barking. They sent someone up again. Fortunately the guest returned before too terribly long, and I felt that the hotel had really done everything they could to try to deal with the noise.

I did not eat the breakfast, as that was part of my meeting, but it certainly looked good!

So overall, I would be quite happy to stay again.

Room Tip: I had a room on the front, but it was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

The hotel is very "homey" from the fireplace in the lobby to the staircase with a banister from the ground floor to the second floor. The breakfast was more than adequate. The rooms were good-sized. There is a Burger King in the parking lot with the hotel otherwise it's a long distance to get to other area restaurants. There is a free shuttle to/from Dulles Airport. I used it to get back to the airport and then take the bus to the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum near the airport (it's $.50 on the bus).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gbtrotter
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed as part of a bus tour group. Treated very well and staff was very accomadating. Breakfast was complimentary and standard fare. Room and bath were clean and comfortable. Location was close to air and space museum at Dulles airport. Short drive to Washington attractions.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Readytogonow
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Previous reviews mentioned the cleanliness of this hotel. I had a different experience. Upon entering the room for the initial time I noticed a wadded bundle in the corner next to the desk. After picking it up with two fingers, i realized it was a multi-colored panty. I paraded across the room on the way to the trash can when my spouse said in an accusatory tone, "Where did those come from, your suitcase?" I stated that I had found them in the corner. She said, "Sure". Are the rooms being cleaned or did the room attendant just refuse to pick them up? I washed my hands in the clean bathroom while my suspicious wife peared into the waste basket trying to devine the origin of the rainbow panty.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Raleigh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Where do I start? From Check in to Check out this Hotel and staff are excellent. I have family and
business interest in the Maryland, DC and Northern Va. areas. I try to book here every time I visit. I rather stay here than with my family, These guys know how to take care of the customer. The staff, and just to name a few of them Sat was great on check in. Always fast and polite and a wonderful person. Ruth and Muhammad were so helpful and friendly they aiways make me feel like family. The beds are very comfortable and there is no outside room noise to interfere with my resting. The ac/heating unit is does it's job quietly. I have stayed at almost all of the surrounding hotels, but Country Inn is the best. The breakfast is good and hot and well stocked. I can't wait to see these guys again. I miss them already.

Room Tip: All the rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Maryland US
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I'd been travelling for 22 hours and called from IAD for the shuttle,which arrived within 15 minutes.
The check in process was very speedy and there was coffee and buscuits in the foyer.
I had a king sized bed which was very comfortable, along with two chairs. I also liked the long
counter in the bathroom. There was a decent sized refrigerator and a microwave. I didn't get chance to use the gym but went in to have a look and there were a couple of people on the machines.

The breakfast selection was ample with hot and cold dishes. There were complimentary newspapers. The staff were pleasant and helpful and and I would recommend this to my travelling friends. It was a good deal, you don't get much better at this price!

Room Tip: I was on the third floor but it wasn't any problem as there was a lift. I didn't encounter...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun
Aloft Dulles Airport North
Comfort Suites Dulles Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport

Property: Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport
Address: 45620 Falke Plz, Sterling, VA 20166-9479
Location: United States > Virginia > Loudoun County > Sterling
#4 Business Hotel in Sterling
#5 Family Hotel in Sterling
#5 Romantic Hotel in Sterling
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn And Suites Washington-Dulles Int`l. Airport