Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Virginia
“Loved the "at home" feeling!”
Reviewed February 7, 2008

This was a wonderful place -- just what I needed for some R&R away from home.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. When I checked in on a Friday afternoon and said that I had never been there before, they immediately upgraded me to a "king fitness suite," which included a treadmill right in my room! I also had a king-sized bed, sofa, chair, desk, fridge & microwave. The price on the back of the door was $299, although I had paid only $74 (plus tax) through Hotels.com. Needless to say, I was thrilled!

Also, as an educator, I was very impressed with their "lending library" idea. They have numerous, brand-new books available for hotel guests to borrow and then return to any Country Inns. For every book returned, they donate $5 to a literacy charity of some kind. What a great idea!

Another great feature was the unlimited fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee/tea and CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES available 24/7 in the breakfast room or lobby. When I mentioned about the cookies upon check-in, they were kind enough to ring up to my room about 45 minutes later to let me know that they had a fresh batch. Now that's service!

All the comforts of home, but without all of the demands.... I HIGHLY recommend the Country Inns & Suites near Dulles!

• Liked — treadmill in my room, free wi-fi, lending library, free breakfast, unlimited chocolate chip cookies :)
  • Disliked — view of Burger King & Exxon outside my window, but my room was still great
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Chicago
Reviewed January 9, 2008

We stayed at this wonderful little hotel over the holiday. Came in from Chicago to visit family. What a great hotel! Reminds me of a bed and breakfast. Lobby was warm and welcoming, breakfast the next day was great. Try the waffles.

Did not get a chance to try their new fitness center. But looked great, next time.

Service was above and beyond! Being away from home on a holiday was not my family's idea of fun. But, we needed to see our parents. With the service, accommodations and over all warm feeling. We felt like we were at home.

We will be back!

Stayed December 2007
Ohio
Reviewed October 24, 2007

What a wonderful experience. I am a Gold Points Plus Member of Carlson Chains (Radisson, Country Inn & Suites, Park Inn, Park Plaza)and I enjoy receiving points for free nights at the hotels. It was a huge suprise when I checked in they awarded me an upgrade to a suite for being a Gold Elite member.

It was breathtaking when I walked in to my suite. I was given a Fitness Studio Suite with my own personal Bowflex Treadclimber in my room. The Assistant Manager of the hotel had provided me with a thank you letter with scrumptious chocolates, bottled waters, $3.00 certificate to the Country Store in the lobby where they have Haagan Dazs Ice Cream bars for only $1.00, and turn down service with lots of pillows on my very comfortable King bed. It was outstanding.

I was very impressed. They have complimentary shuttle to and from the Dulles Airport. Lots of restaurants in the area that will deliver right to your room. They also recommend dining at the Zefferellis in Herndon about 3 miles from the hotel. Excellent for those who want real Italian. Nino P. is the manager at Zefferellis he was fantastic, the manager at Country Inn said ask for him and so I did he greeted me with a complimentary glass of wine.

For my rate of $179.00 I could not go wrong since the Hotel Sierra across the street charges $249.00. I was better off staying at the Country Inn & Suites, Just as nice and Country Inn offers hot breakfast with anything you would ask for. Eggs, Toast, Bagels, Muffins, many flavors of cereal, Corn Cakes, Various flavors of Yogurts, Fresh Brewed Hot Coffee, Tea, Cappuccino, Juices, Hot Waffles that you can make and put fresh strawberries & peaches on. Breakfast was great.

Front Desk staff was very courteous they called my room after I had checked in to see how I was finding my stay. It was wonderful to know they didnt just throw me in a room and forget about me.

Free wired & wireless internet and they have a library in the lobby where you can borrow books and return them to any Country Inn & Suites in the world.

Country Inn & Suites are now starting to offer BOWFLEX Studio Fitness Suites and in the fitness room they have all brand new equipment. BOWFLEX & NAUTILUS EQUIPMENT what more could you want than state of the art equipment, They have water, TV, and fresh towels in the fitness room.

I will be back again and again. If your in the area on the weekend, they have super low rates on FRIDAY and SATURDAY.

I included two pictures of the exact Bowflex and Bowflex Tread Climber that I was able to use at this hotel.

• Liked — Friendly Staff, Hot Breakfast, New Fitness Bowflex Equipment, Gold Points
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
Houston
Reviewed September 17, 2007

We only spent one night here, but it was a nice pleasant stay. Short distance from airport in a quiet location away from traffic.

Room and bathroom are clean. Beds are comfortable. Staff was very nice and helpful.

Free breakfast - you can make your own waffles, toast, etc (no bacon or eggs offered, but still an ample selection of breakfast items).

Free shuttle to/fro airport, but I guess not limited to airport as long as your destination is reasonable. We had to pick up our car rental the next morning, and the driver dropped us off at Enterprise at the airport location. That was really nice!

There is a Burger King a walk away from the hotel.

• Liked — Location, cleanliness, free shuttle service
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DonnaBA
montreal
Reviewed May 17, 2007

I was in dulles for two days, the stay at the Country Inn was nice, room was big and very clean, the bed comfortable, the location silent and the breakfast was good. They don't have a restaurant so i ended up ordering a excellent pizza from the many brochures provided by the front desk. Staff was kind and very professional.

• Liked — quiet
  • Disliked — no restaurant
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank motox73
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed December 29, 2006

Arriving to Washington friday night to start my vacations, so I need a one night hotel because was leaving next morning to NY.

PROS:
1) Beautiful Room
2) Deluxe Continental Breakfast
3) PC with free internet access
4) Free shuttle to Dulles airport

NEGATIVES:
didn’t find.

OTHERS:
1) There is a gas station (mini mart) and a Burger King in the same place.
2) My stay was very specific, not criteria if it will help people who is looking a lodge for other purposes (tourism or business) but I can assure you that the hotel is great.
3) Hotel website pictures are exactly how the hotel is.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
6 Thank MG2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed July 12, 2006

I travel for work often, and usually stay at top-notch business hotels, such as Marriott, Hyatt, etc. We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites as it was the closest to where we were going for business, and I expected very little. Boy was I surprised! They have a shuttle to/from the airport and even brought us to our business meeting. The hot (and cold) breakfast was surprisingly vast and good, and the service was outstanding - better than most of the "top" bigger hotels. I really can't say how pleasantly surprised we were. Rooms were clean - minor inconvenience with the hotel not having any extra hangars (they give you 7) - but overall very impressed.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
7 Thank MrsYertleBoston
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
Best Western Dulles Airport Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway
SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport

Property: Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport
Address: 45620 Falke Plz, Sterling, VA 20166-9479
Location: United States > Virginia > Loudoun County > Sterling
#4 Business Hotel in Sterling
#5 Romantic Hotel in Sterling
#5 Family Hotel in Sterling
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Carlson, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles Int`l. Airport Hotel Sterling