“Nice stay with a couple of snags”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
CHICAGO
“Nice stay with a couple of snags”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stayed here for a night before an international flight from Dulles. Called to request a shuttle and got incomplete directions from the front desk – she gave me the curb number (2H) but not the door number (6), so I ended up walking from one end of the airport to the other and back again. Shuttle came about 25 minutes after I called, and I was the only person picked up.

About an hour after checking in my room started smelling like cigarette smoke – still not sure whether someone was smoking nearby or near an air intake, but the smell got worse quite quickly. Went to the front desk and they quickly assigned me to another room, which smelled like stale air freshener when I went in but was better than smoke. Got a goodie bag at check-in (I think because of my Gold status) but did not receive the gift basket promised as part of my room package rate.

Front desk staff was friendly and competent, and has copies of driving and transit directions to nearby attractions such as the Smithsonian's Air and Space Museum Udvar-Hazy Center and a viewing area for the 4th of July fireworks.

Breakfast was pretty good – hot and cold cereal, waffle maker, herbed potatoes, biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit, and an assortment of bagels and pastries. Not bad for a complimentary buffet.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank frozenactivist

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

Needed convenient location for tightly scheduled weekend trip with a relative. While I booked online to take advantage of Carlson promotion the local staff was easy to reach and knew answers to every question I had. The manager working June 29 saved me from making a stupid error in driving wrong route that would have caused me to miss event I was attending

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank LuluLed
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

We stayed on 27th & 28th June, 2012. The staff was very courteous and helpful specially Ms Ruth Dominguez at the front desk. She provided all the details to make our stay in Sterling enjoyable. The room was, though small but had all basic necessities. The hotel provided complimentary cookies, apples, fruit water (water with fruits dipped in it), coffee/Tea in the lobby for 24 hrs. On the whole the stay was enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Gayatri1949
Charlotte
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

After a trip out of the country with plane delays and lost luggage, we checked in at 2 am! The front desk manager was welcoming and gave us every supply we needed to clean up for the night. Morning staff very friendly too.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank travelmomCharlotte
IAD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

I stayed for a night before I fly out. I encountered spiders in my room.(See photos) I showed it to front desk staff and got no response. I realized that my room type was not honored ( booked in one bed room suite) but didn't complained since I had a bad experience with the specific night front desk staff previously. GM doesn't seem care about my complaint. Other than these, this is just a typical Country Inn.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
BDL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

I stayed here during a recent Carlson promotion, and was glad I did. I thought the room was comfortable and well appointed. I enjoyed having the refrigerator in the room, and was nice to keep my drinks cool before I continued my road trip the next day.

The breakfast was also nice, and having the laundry in the hotel was convenient as I needed to do some. Although many people complain that Burger King is the only food option nearby, this hotel has the most extensive room service menu I have ever seen. I'm sure it is probably delivered from a local restaurant, but who cares...it's an option!

The staff was also pleasant and efficient at check in and check out. My only issue is that even though I had placed the do not disturb sign on the door, the cleaning staff knocked on the door and asked if I was ready for cleaning while I was still sleeping around 9 AM. I would stay here again for the price I paid in a second.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank cxw44
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

Second time at this hotel in order to make a connection at Dulles. Free shuttle both ways. Great staff and complimentary breakfast. Rooms pretty standard in size and appearance but very clean. Workout room. Burger King is the only place real close as the hotel is in the middle of nowhere at a freeway interchange.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank randyllwarehime
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway
Comfort Suites Dulles Airport

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport

Property: Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport
Address: 45620 Falke Plz, Sterling, VA 20166-9479
Location: United States > Virginia > Loudoun County > Sterling
#4 Business Hotel in Sterling
#5 Family Hotel in Sterling
#5 Romantic Hotel in Sterling
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Carlson, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles Int`l. Airport Hotel Sterling