WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
SUBWAY41
“Nice stay for the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

Arrived on a friday afternoon and was warmly greeted by the front desk. Was upgraded from a standard king room to a suite at no extra charge because i was a club member. Room was spacious and clean. Bed was comfortable. Room was quiet even thought I was in the front of the hotel.
Shower was a different type which I had never encountered before. Difficult to find and operate the divertor from bath to shower. Tub itself was narrow and beveled making it difficult to stand. There were no support handles in the shower to hold on to.
Breakfast was continental, was pretty well stocked except for the fresh fruit which they ran out of early. However, it was missing the eggs and bacon that is advertised on their website. Utensils were also slow in being cleaned and replaced
Overall, it is a good place to stay less than 10 minutes to Dulles airport and would stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

Clean and in great condition.
The breakfast was tasty and nicely stocked.

The only negative was the front desk- my husband went down to ask about getting into DC since their binder said to ask and the lady was not helpful.

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank monstermama
Baltimore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

I stayed here the night before a flight I was taking from IAD. Very clean, quiet and peaceful. WIFI worked, tv worked, bathroom and shower worked. Not luxury, but absolutely great for a one or two night stay. Breakfast was also decent...not great, but it came with the price and for a good start to the morning. No issues with anything.
Would stay here again if I needed to for a flight out.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Culpeper, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

When I checked into this hotel, I was pleased with the clean lobby and customer service. I thought this is good. Once again, didnt mind paying what I had to pay since this was my first visit and stay. Checking in was great and I settled down for the evening. Everything seemed so great, neat and quiet. Thats what I wanted.
In the morning, I woke up to a stench that smelt like sewage. I thought maybe it is coming from outside. Anyway got up and went to the bathroom to shower. ........Oooohh my.....the toilet had backed up and was almost flowing into the room. That was what I was smelling. Mark you, I had not used the bathroom at all. It was really nasty, terrible, and yuck............WHAT A SIGHT......disgusting!!!!
I called the front desk letting them know about it. They said that they would send someone right away. I waited 20,30,40, 1 hour and no one showed. Really? What an inconvenience. Got late for work, and didnt know what to tell my boss.
I wish the maintainence staff could respond a lot faster, because this was really an inconvenience to me. When I mentioned it on my way out to the clerk at the front desk, he said "sorry about that".....really....and then proceeded to charge me.
What a nightmare!!! I personally will not stay at this hotel anymore.
That was a disturbing experience.
Kindly,
A.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper level are quieter
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank A S
Dover, DE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

We stayed here in January and had a wonderful experience. The staff was so friendly and accomodating! The room was very clean, and very nice for the price. The bed was extremely comfortable. We will definitely stay here again. We love Country Inn & Suites!!

Room Tip: The suites are great. Plenty of room.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cx_ster, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to visit trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. Thank you for the nice comments about our staff; they are a great asset to our hotel.

On behalf of our entire staff here at Country Inns & Suites we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Alex Pineda
General Manager.
dover de
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

I try and stay at Country Inn and Suites whenever i travel, and for good reason. They never let me down. This one is no exception. They upgraded my room at no charge. The desk clerk was one of the happiest people i have ever seen. What a great attitude! Everyone should be this happy at their job. The room was spotless and very well maintained. The location of this hotel is close to Dulles Airport and numerous Virginia wineries. If you are ever in this area, do yourself a favor and pay them a visit. You would pay the same rate at a lesser quality hotel. Enjoy.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you taking the time to visit trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. Also, we value your loyalty and business.Thank you for making us your home away from home.

Alex Pineda
Lisbon, Portugal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

I stayed at the Country Inn and Suites after a longhaul flight from Europe and on my way to Williamsburg. The hotel is conveniently located approximately 5 minutes from the airport and the complimentary airport shuttle for hotel guests arrived shortly after I called the hotel informing I had arrived. The front desk personnel were very welcoming, courteous and efficient. My suite was spacious, clean, with a comfortable bed, a large work desk, complimentary high-speed Internet access, a coffee-maker, refrigerator and a microwave. Practically everything one might need for a short stay with the comforts of home.
I arrived late at night and felt like a quick snack before going to bed, so I grabbed a frozen meal from the 24 hour Country Store, downstairs close to the reception desk, and heated it on the microwave. Complimentary breakfast was great, so were coffee/tea and chocolate chip cookies in the lobby 24/7.
Local calls and parking are free for hotels guests.
The following day I had to collect a rental at the airport and the complimentary shuttle drove me to the Auto Pilot Drive. The hotel is outstanding value and I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Maria,

We appreciate you taking the time to visit trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. We loved the candid comments, and we are gald to see you enjoyed your stay with us.

Alex PIneda
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
BEST WESTERN Dulles Airport Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Aloft Dulles Airport North
Comfort Suites Dulles Airport

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport

Property: Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport
Address: 45620 Falke Plz, Sterling, VA 20166-9479
Location: United States > Virginia > Loudoun County > Sterling
#4 Business Hotel in Sterling
#5 Romantic Hotel in Sterling
#5 Family Hotel in Sterling
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn And Suites Washington-Dulles Int`l. Airport