All reviews irish pub full buffet every half hour nice hotel washington dulles front desk staff free shuttle next morning late flight indoor pool bed was comfortable the shuttle driver gas station park and fly airport pillows conference
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

This is one of the first couple of Marriotts in what has become a huge chain. The hotels design brings back a different era of hotels but the rooms are new and fresh, the lobby restaurant is contemporary and the bed comfortable. The park and ride is convenient with shuttles running every fifteen minutes and if you miss the shuttle it is a short walk to the terminal.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnDulles, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Dear Clherrlck,

I am glad that our park-and-fly program worked so well for you! Admittedly, we are an IHG brand rather than Marriott. Please come again, and I hope you can enjoy our IHG loyalty program! We look forward to welcoming you.

Thank you.

Reviewed August 28, 2018

I reserved this wonderful hotel for our stopover in DC before flying out the next morning. The rooms are well kept and the staff was super friendly. Upon check-in the front counter offered assistance with our bags and booked us very quickly. The hotel is only a few minutes from the airport and offers a complimentary shuttle. They also offer a very nice breakfast bar for an affordable price. We enjoyed our short and quiet stay and will use them again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
HolidayInnDulles, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

Dear Roddre,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Washington Dulles! We are pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and happy to see our Front Office team made your stay comfortable. We hope to host you again soon.

Thanks,

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Reasonably priced modern rooms. Excellent maid service and reception. Restaurant was acceptable though ambience left a lot to be desired in comparison with the rest of the hotel. Had coffee machine near reception for cappuccino and Latte at a very nice price plush oatmeal sandwiches and other items restaurant was not used

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends

Hello rick728,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! We were so thrilled to read this review. We shared this review with our entire hotel to inspire our team to continue providing service that makes you smile! We hope you come stay with us again soon!

Thanks,

Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

My flight got in really early, about 1 PM. I asked to check in early and was easily accommodated by the front desk. They were very helpful and kind through this mixed up schedule.

I used the gym and thought it was very adequate with the treadmill, elliptical, and the free weights . Sadly not all the users of the gym used the wipe downs to sanitize the equipment. I didn’t use the pool, however, I did notice that there is a lifeguard on duty during the pool hours.

The room was clean and comfortable during my stay. I was able to conduct my business about 20 minutes up the road and I was effective because of the quiet rooms, quiet hallways, and comfortable mattresses and pillows.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
HolidayInnDulles, Manager at Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Dear Ratboy859,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Holiday Inn Washington Dulles. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your stay, and please let me know if we can host you for your future stays. Thank you.

Reviewed August 17, 2018

The hotel itself is overall fine and convenient to the airport. But I cannot give it more than 3 stars this year because of the very poor service provided by the Front Desk staff to my need for an early access to a handicapped room.

I called ahead on the morning of my arrival to ensure that I could get an early arrival to my handicapped room. I arrived at 11:45 and was told that the occupant had not checked out but to check back with them in an hour and they'd have it ready. I had a meeting and checked back with the Front Desk at 2 pm. no, it was not ready, come back in 25-30 minutes. By 2:45, the room was ready.

Even if the occupant didn't check out until noon, it's clear that no one made any effort t get the room ready, despite my request. It was only when I expressed displeasure at 2 pm that I think they advised Housekeeping to do so. No one apologized; no one came to tell me the room was ready. I just had to keep checking back. In the meantime, everyone else in my conference group got into their rooms and I was the only one left sitting in the lobby. It was an unfriendly experience.

What made it even worse is that the room was not what I call "accessible." Last year I had an accessible room with a walk-in shower. The only thing accessible in this room was a handle bar in the bathtub. I had to step over the side of the tub with a broken leg. Luckily, I had recovered more from an operation than I had anticipated when I booked the room. They told me that this was the closest handicapped room to my conference events. Had I known, I would have just asked for a regular room.

The rest of the room and hotel were fine. But this was a very poor experience with the Front Desk. And I spoke with 3 people there, so they all knew there was a problem.

Room Tip: IF you need a walk-in shower, insist on it.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business

Dear cfuller603,

On behalf of Holiday Inn Dulles, I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the negative experiences that you had during your recent stay. Please do consider it a one-time incident as it is not a common occurrence with us. We will continue to strive to be an industry leader and deliver the best services as well as flawless room conditions to our guests. I want to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention; your feedback is certainly the most valuable source of that process. I will address this issue with our Front Office Manager so that we can train our staff and work to improve our communication channels. Should you need assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly as I will be very happy to assist you personally.

Best,