Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
“Long term Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I have continued my long term extended stay for over two years on a continuous basis. The hotel provides basic amenities and maintains a clean, comfortable and safe environment. The hotel is well situated to restaurants, shopping, and supermarkets. Over the term of my stay, I have found the staff to be very responsive and accommodating to my needs and requests. When an occasional problem occurs, the staff has always resolved the issue to my satisfaction. I would have no problem in recommending this hotel to a traveler who requires a long term stay for business or pleasure.

I am always acknowledged with a greeting and smile by the staff (such as Nargees) when I enter or leave the facility. It is a nice touch not often seen at such similar hotels.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Art - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such kind things about our team. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the responsiveness of the staff and our amenities.

Once more, thank you for posting your review. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make you more comfortable during your stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have been at this hotel for seven month's, for business. The stay here has been very good. Staff are very nice and responsive to questions and concern's. Nargees is warm and welcoming to all the guest's and it is a pleasure to see her. Management, both local and regional have been very good, in short, a very good experience at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Brian - The team and I appreciate your kind remarks. I am so pleased to know that you feel at home here. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. Let us know if there is anything you need!
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I recently stayed at the Extended Stay America in Sterling. The room was very clean the atmosphere was quiet and Nargees who works at the front desk was very helpful. She truly cares about the guests staying there and always wants to make sure that you are having a good stay. I would recommend this hotel to a friend or a family member.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thomas - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that our team is taking good care of you! We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

My husband and are up here on a job and we Started our stay On April 14, 2013 And still here. Before we came here We stayed at another hotel in Sterling Virginia For a week And the service and rooms was horrible!!!!!!! I am so glad we found this Motel, My
husband and I have twin girls And the rooms are big and The staff is kid friendly!!!!! One in particular employee by the name Burk has been very kind, nice, and helpful since we know NOTHING ABOUT VIRGINIA! We are from North Carolina and Mr. Burk has went out of his way to help us all he can( of course he hasn't been our babysitter yet, but I believe if I asked him he would try) I RECOMMEND THIS MOTEL TO EVERYONE THAT IS EITHER OUT OF TOWN OR NEED A PLACE TO STAY!!!!! The rooms are clean and the maids have done a good job keeping all our supplies stocked! Like I said this motel is a definite 5 star when it comes to customer service, maid service, and room size. Thanks Burk for being so good to my family when we need someone, also the other front desk clerks ate very nice, I just usually deal with Burk cause its during the day when I've needed help!!!! So please if your traveling give this motel a try you will enjoy your stay, cause me and my family DEFINATLY HAVE!!!!! Thanks, The Mendez Gomez Family

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such glowing remarks about our hotel and services. I am proud of our team for providing you with the attention you can expect and deserve from our company.

Thank you again for your loyalty and for sharing your comments with us!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I relocated for a new position in D.C. I have been residing at this hotel for a month and will extend my stay for one additional month while I seek permanent housing here. I could not be more pleased with the service and convenience! The hotel and surrounding areas are kept scrupulously clean and ALL of the staff, [from the maid who cleans my room once a week to the men and women who man the front desk; to the man who cleans out the trash room on my floor] are professional, attentive, and courteous and friendly. In my opinion, this is because the hotel manager, Brooke, is doing his job at a superior level. He is professional, friendly, and never fails to make everyone feel welcome and well cared fo. Any little item I need or have a question about is treated seriously and is attended to immediately. His management is superb!

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor, away from the elevator and the front of the building are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Cheryl - Thank you for posting such a complimentary review! I am so pleased to know that you are happy with our staff and the service we provide. The staff and I are looking forward to continuing this relationship with you!

Thank you again for your kind words and let us know if there is anything you need.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times and by far I have not had a single problem. The staff here is amazing. Nargees was very efficient and provided excellent customer service. She greeted me with a warm smile, checked me in, and directed me to my room. I didn't find anything wrong with my room at all. No funky smell, no smoke odor, no bugs, nothing of that sort. This hotel also has a grab and go breakfast which I though was very convenient. Overall, my extended stay experience was great!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such complimentary remarks about our entire team, the great service we provided to you and in regards to your guest room. We strive to provide a home away from home experience, and it sounds like we did just that!

Thank you again for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and we hope to see you again soon!
Fairfield, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed in hotes about a third of a year. I have a good and disappointing times in different places. But my time with your place was good so I just want to share my experience. I want to tell that my time at Extended Stay America was so nice. Bed was comfortable, receptionists Malik and Nargees were so welcoming. I enjoyed the breakfast. I will absolutely recommend this place to my friends. I hope I will see you again when I come to your area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Adu - It is so rewarding to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am proud of our team for providing you with such personalized service.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We can’t wait to host you again in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling
Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sterling Dulles
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling
Courtyard Dulles Town Center

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling? Share your experiences!