WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling

Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Rockville, Maryland
“We shared a room with stinkbugs!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

My boyfriend had an interview in Sterling early Saturday morning so rather than waking up at 4 a.m. to make it on time, we decided to spend the night at Extended Stay, literally minutes away from his interview. We arrived late Friday and were greeted by a kind, humorous gentleman who checked us in fairly quickly. We set our things down and went to have dinner Sweetwater Tavern which was in walking distance! We returned and began noticing the stink bugs. The first one was on the bed, another on the ceiling, third on the curtain, fourth on a light fixture, one on the toilet, and one on the iron...while I was using it! We were flushing them as we found them so we wouldn't get stuck with a nasty smell throughout the night. I turned the bed upside down to ensure I wouldn't wake up with one on my face, lol. We didn't use the kitchen but I noticed some rusting on some of the fixtures. The shower/tub fixture also needed some Scrubbin' Bubbles or something! When we left early Saturday, there was a table near the desk with grab and go breakfast items, which was a great touch! It was an overall okay stay. The bugs really threw me off.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GL200812
Angelika B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Washington, D.C. - Sterling. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concern. Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. In response to your comments, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out how such an experience occurred and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Owings Mills, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Our company has been staying there for few months now. We love the place and people there. Pros are kitchen in the room with full size fridge, laundry room and great location. Cons housekeeping is not done every day but it has not been a big deal for us. Overall we had great experience at this location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Angelika B, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you so very much for your review of Extended Stay America Washington, D.C. - Sterling. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

We found that this hotel was excellent in customer service and always provided anything that we asked for or needed. The management treated us like we were part of there family during our almost three month stay at this hotel, we recommend that all the personnel at this hotel should know that they are doing a wonderful job!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

I would like to recognize Al. We have dealt with him on numerous occasions and he has been extremely helpful with everything. I will def continue to stay at this hotel. I think what might make it a little bit better is if there was a snack room where snacks and cold beverages are sold.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. We are totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment.

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future or at any of our other brand locations. Once again, thank you for your kind words.
Chula Vista, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

This was a quick stop for the night waiting near the Dulles Airport. That's the number one reason for staying here but it was actually pretty nice with a kitchen, and close to shopping and food. I enjoyed it, no flat screen tv but it was ok.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Washington, D.C. - Sterling. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

Great experience be their and I felt like staying in Home even away from Home. Nice hotel with polite and simile people. Neatly cleaned rooms.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Malaikani R
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Washington, D.C. - Sterling. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here. I only stayed one night and it seems that this place caters for a longer stays but never the less my stay was very enjoyable. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the front desk staff was really nice. They even called to see if I am satisfied with my room which does not happen often. I paid $100 and I though it was really reasonable for what I received.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling
Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sterling Dulles
Hampton Inn Dulles-Cascades
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Dulles Sterling
Candlewood Suites Hotel Sterling
Courtyard Dulles Town Center

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Sterling? Share your experiences!