“Nice stay”

Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Naperville, Illinois
“Nice stay”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We had a very nice stay here. The staff was friendly and the breakfast more than met our needs. The room was clean, well accommodated, and had a small kitchen. Was the right price and would stay here again no problem.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Naples, Italy
Reviewed May 23, 2014

My first contact with the hotel was a call asking for information regarding the advertised free shuttle from Dulles Airport. The receptionist explained that there would be a shuttle every 15 minutes. After waiting for more than 45 minutes, I called again to ask the status of the van, and if it wasn't coming, how far the hotel was from the hotel (in order to estimate cab fare). When I asked these questions, I was berated for not being at the correct pick-up location (I was). I got yelled at for approximately 3 minutes before I could break in and ask how far away the hotel was. So, "free transport" to the hotel cost me almost $15 in cab fare.

When I arrived at the reception area, I was not impressed with its cleanliness or organization. That feeling continued when I went into my room. Although the bed was comfortable, the room was not well-apportioned and was not in good condition.

I checked out the following morning, thankfully, and had breakfast. The breakfast room was dirty and not well kept.

I was highly disappointed with this location, as I have stayed at great Towne Place Suites in the past. I am assuming this location is an outlier and does not represent the company. However, in the future I will be wary if I book a night with this hotel chain!

Room Tip: If you want a good room, go elsewhere.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank TravelingwithNewman
Dave M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
I am sorry to hear of your experience with our hotel. the tream at the TownePlace Suites is award winning in customer service and operations, so to hear that we performed well below our high standards is saddening. I want to sincerely apologise to you for your experience and I will assure you we will review our procedures and standards with the team to avoid challenges like this again.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

I am well traveled and was looking for an extended stay this time. This hotel is perfect for that! Not super fancy, lobby is basic. I have been here for 45 days so far, and this hotel has been fantastic. I almost don't want to leave because of the convenience, it feels very homey. Management staff, housekeeping, and maintenance have all been so kind and accommodating. The rooms have modern furniture and appliances, fully equipped. Great decor. You can use the holiday inn indoor pool, a block away (walkable). I have grilled out and sat by the gas fireplace several times. Continental Breakfast has been a life saver, good dark roast coffee. But I buy and cook most of my meals. It is located in an office park, but shops are only 1 exit away. I have been in the 2 bedroom suite, and I have been so happy I made this choice. Booked it through AAA and got a great rate. I have zero negative feedback actually!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Leeser R
Temecula, California
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

I needed a hotel by Washington Dulles Airport-EVERYWHERE sold out... I was so glad this Marriott property had rooms. This is the BEST!!! The suites have full kitchens, the rooms are clean & really stylish!! The complementary breakfast is wonderful from 6:00am to 9:00am. Shuttle service is offered to & from the airport!! GREAT!!! I will return!!!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 5, 2014

very nice clean comfy hotel, nice staff Brenda and excellent management David, Bushra, close to airport, nice full kitchen free parking, continental, WiFi and 24 hour transportation to and from airport, great for long and short term stays.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

The bed & pillows in our suite were old, worn and musty smelling. The furnishings tired and worn. We could here every creaking step from the room above. Outside of the location of this hotel near the Dulles airport & friendly staff , I can't say anything positive.

Stayed April 2014
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Great hotel, not far from airport, but airplanes don't bother you. Big light suites with double bed, couch, kitchen, coffee machine, a/c. Very friendly and helpful staff speaks different languages. Free parking and wi-fi.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business