“Excellent Customer Service!”

TownePlace Suites Dulles Airport
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 10 months ago. Really, great people. I must thank them all. Ms. Jackie, Mrs. Bushra, Mrs. Brenda & Ms. Katie. They go out & beyong their way to help or to support a guest's need & request. The location is not fantastic but, the daily & free shuttle, makes it up to the location. I hope to see better TV channels though since the hotel is excellent by all means. I will come back & will recommend this place to everybody. Thanlk you all.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank zalfa A
There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites Dulles Airport

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed at this excellent hotel for 7 nights. It truly was home away from home (especially once I was able to compare it with other extended stay hotels in the same trip). Our room was on the ground floor, spacious enough, comfortable bed, very well-equipped kitchen, decent continental breakfast and laundry facilities. The front-desk staff was always pleasant and helpful. The freshly-baked cookies every afternoon were delicious!
I especially loved that the kitchen had everything needed to make proper meals given than we were staying long enough that eating every single meal out becomes quite expensive (and not healthy!).
Although we did not use the outdoor common area with fireplace and grill, it looked like a nice place to relax in the evening. There is also a shuttle that takes you to shopping/dining every evening.
The only downsides were - sofa bed was terrible (but then all sofa beds pretty much are terrible) and location is not within walking distance of anything.
I would definitely stay here again if I am back in the area and need an extended stay hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank VapidTraveler
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The Towneplace Suites in Sterling has been my choice of hotel in the area for three trips during this year. The most recent was in August 2013. The staff is always welcoming and the atmosphere is good. I have only stayed in the main building and the appliances are modern, and the furnishings good. The work area is spacious and the Internet was reliable, if a bit slow. All told, it's a good property. My one critique, and I think this is of Towneplace in general, is that there is NO variety between days offered for breakfast. If you happen to be staying for a full week, you will get tired of seeing the exact same things every morning; a bit of variety and options would really spice up the stay. Otherwise, it's a nice hotel, quiet surroundings and good staff.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2013

this hotel was great nice overall great customer service and very clean would definitely recommend and will stay here again an again thanks for all especially the property managers super nice i am also a fan of towneplace. ps and i stay in lots of hotels .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is my 2nd experience staying at a TownePlace property and I am turning into a fan due to the consistent service, friendliness and fast service. The welcoming attitude of the staff made me feel like I am visitng a friend's house.I stayed for one night while in transit for an early flight. I chose this property due to the proximity to the airport. Airport shuttle is available but did not use it since we have a rental car.
The hotel is next to the Hampton Suites. There is a gas station/food mart a block away and a Safeway Store, McDonalds and other restaurants less than a mile from the hotel. The best part of my experience is the caring, warm and friendliness of the front desk associate Brenda. She set the tone of our visit. Check-in was a breeze and she informed me of free breakfast offer. I informed her that I am checking out really early and will not be able to have breakfast. She offered if she can make fresh coffee at least or schedule the airport shuttle. She is one sweet lady! During check out, she remembered my name and genuinely wished me a safe trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The sleeping room was as I always have come to expect with Marriott, ready, clean and operational. Regardless of the specific brand, this is why I make Marriott my default lodging choice. The issue with the door lock on the exercise room appeared to be of a level that the weekend staff was not qualified to deal with and that's fine. It's electronic, therefore more likely to break than something with a key like the old days. And so it goes. Otherwise a fine stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
TownePlaceDulles, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

I am sorry to hear of the difficulties you had with the exercise door; the weekend Engineer inspected the door lock and tuned it up to make sure no one else will experience a problem. We are happy the sleeping room and the hotel was up to the standards you expect from Marriott and we hope we have the pleasure of serving you again.

Safe travels!

Dave Moran
General Manger

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This hotel is a excellent safe place where you can go and get lost for days, the room was fully stocked with everything you need if you didn't want to leave your room, (stove, microwave, refrigerator, dishes, silverware, coffee and coffee maker, etc.,. The room was clean. The TV can be moved so you watch it from any angle in the room. The bed was so comfortable. The staff was nice and (Laura) even offer to cook me and my husband cookies after finding out we was there to celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary. Also, the breakfast was cook and have brand items. The lobby has a small area where you can purchase (snacks and other items). Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: can't go wrong with any room you choose
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple