“GREAT WARM PLACE”

TownePlace Suites Dulles Airport
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Reviewed August 18, 2013

this hotel was great nice overall great customer service and very clean would definitely recommend and will stay here again an again thanks for all especially the property managers super nice i am also a fan of towneplace. ps and i stay in lots of hotels .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is my 2nd experience staying at a TownePlace property and I am turning into a fan due to the consistent service, friendliness and fast service. The welcoming attitude of the staff made me feel like I am visitng a friend's house.I stayed for one night while in transit for an early flight. I chose this property due to the proximity to the airport. Airport shuttle is available but did not use it since we have a rental car.
The hotel is next to the Hampton Suites. There is a gas station/food mart a block away and a Safeway Store, McDonalds and other restaurants less than a mile from the hotel. The best part of my experience is the caring, warm and friendliness of the front desk associate Brenda. She set the tone of our visit. Check-in was a breeze and she informed me of free breakfast offer. I informed her that I am checking out really early and will not be able to have breakfast. She offered if she can make fresh coffee at least or schedule the airport shuttle. She is one sweet lady! During check out, she remembered my name and genuinely wished me a safe trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The sleeping room was as I always have come to expect with Marriott, ready, clean and operational. Regardless of the specific brand, this is why I make Marriott my default lodging choice. The issue with the door lock on the exercise room appeared to be of a level that the weekend staff was not qualified to deal with and that's fine. It's electronic, therefore more likely to break than something with a key like the old days. And so it goes. Otherwise a fine stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
TownePlaceDulles, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

I am sorry to hear of the difficulties you had with the exercise door; the weekend Engineer inspected the door lock and tuned it up to make sure no one else will experience a problem. We are happy the sleeping room and the hotel was up to the standards you expect from Marriott and we hope we have the pleasure of serving you again.

Safe travels!

Dave Moran
General Manger

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This hotel is a excellent safe place where you can go and get lost for days, the room was fully stocked with everything you need if you didn't want to leave your room, (stove, microwave, refrigerator, dishes, silverware, coffee and coffee maker, etc.,. The room was clean. The TV can be moved so you watch it from any angle in the room. The bed was so comfortable. The staff was nice and (Laura) even offer to cook me and my husband cookies after finding out we was there to celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary. Also, the breakfast was cook and have brand items. The lobby has a small area where you can purchase (snacks and other items). Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: can't go wrong with any room you choose
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

TOWN PLACE SUITES STERLING NORTH IS A HORRIBLE HOTEL. THEY SHOULDN'T EVEN BE ASSOCIATED WITH THE MARRIOTT NAME!!!! I stayed here 6/20-21 2013 and it was horrible form the beginning. The man at the front desk was so dry, he could breathe fire. I didn't feel welcomed at all, it took forever for him to find a key card that would work (program) he tried at least 15 keys.
My room was small and crampy/outdated....the freezer looked like someone tore it open with an axe and i could see through the bottom of it and those open areas were sharp. There was a door that led to another room and it looked scratched and damaged. We got a new room and one key didn't work, the door was jammed and wouldn't open. So the front desk guy came and finally got us into the room. This process wasted a good 30-45 mins of our time. We finally make it out to get groceries for dinner and came back to cook. The dishes were FILTHY!!!! I had to rewash them all before i could use them, so unsanitary!!! the bathroom mirror was chipped and sharp as well as the wall next to it patched in a huge line down the wall...Then after dinner my stepdaughter and I wanted to take a dip in the outdoor pool....I wish we didn't...we got in 4 ft and saw a leaf or two...that is expected in an outdoor pool. So we swam over to 5ft, my stepdaughter did so under water and came up in a HUGE CLOUD OF BUGS!!!!! We immediately got out....we should have known better after seeing the spider webs on the gate!!! I immediately went inside and told the front desk and he said that the pool was taken care of by a different company and he was nonchalant and didn't even apologize before quickly making it to the back office. We also noticed that the BBQ Grill was in the grass next to the parking lot, at least 5 steps to the closest car in the lot, that cant be safe, and its a dumb place for a grill, a parking lot cook out...really??? Then to top it off we checked out Sunday and got our $20 incidental charge back that we had given cash for at check in, only to find they still charged us $20 in incidentals to my credit card which I DID NOT AUTHORIZE THEM TO DO SO! I use a prepaid card to keep this from happening and this time I had $20 extra on there for gas, thank God I had cash to because my card was DECLINED at the gas station thanks to them!!!! I have spent all day on the phone trying to reach the general manager there who they have yet to connect me too!!! this place is a nightmare stay away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *UPDATE* The general manager finally called me back today and was great to deal with and will be handling the issues at the hotel immediately.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Dymin R
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Clean & quite little hotel but unlike the one I liked at Falls Church, it has no in-room entertainment at all & the area is way too out of the way. The TV Channels are not set for a long or extended stay as they were the most boring ones, No super market or anything else within walking distance so, TV is essential if you stay on week-ends. Ms. Laura went out of her way to make things up to me, Ms. Alexia in the after noon were patient & ptofessional enough to get me a car when I missed the shuttle. Great front desk staff & an excellent new engineer. They are very apologetic but no compensation like that TownPlace suites in Falls Church who offered 3000 points when something minor went wrong. I guess it's the management who either encourage or discourage that. I won't stay here again & I wont recommend it to others due to the location & the TV channels.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The hotel offers smallish rooms, however they have everything you need. Full kitchen, albeit randomly equipped. If you are on a business trip, it is nice to make your own coffee, or heat up something from the doggie bag. Or even cook if you are up to the task. The rooms could use some TLC but are clean, the WiFi works great, parking is plentiful and the staff is among the friendliest. Location is a bit out of the way, but you can walk to a nice Irish Pub in the Holiday Inn (>5 mins). I come to the Dulles area often, will most likely have 75+ nights a year in the area and this is where I stay.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the highway, you can open your windows for fresh air
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business