“Pretty nice hotel”

TownePlace Suites Dulles Airport
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Sterling
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Other than the noisy fridge and one instance of the toilet blocking, this was a nice spot. Clean, large and self contained suites and a free shuttle service and breakfast. Awesome place to stay on a budget if you're visiting dc, I would stay again!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites Dulles Airport

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed here with my parents. The room was very clean and spacious. We had to be at the airport at 6am. The breakfast opened early and had a nice selection. The airport shuttle didn't arrive on time but the front desk guy drove us to the airport so we could be there on time. The service was excellent. Brenda was really kind and made us feel welcome. The coffee was fresh and the room kitchen was well-equipped. I definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Stayed hear because DH was flying in and I was meeting him here later in the evening. Didn't really use any amenities because it was a short stay. Staff was helpful with last minute forgotten items :)

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This place is a Marriott but it should not be, rooms smell, pillows smell, noisy fridge in room, toilets don't work, breakfast is a fast food disaster. Avoid it if you can, their have to be better places in the area.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
FrankOhara, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Hello richannc,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We take all of our guests’ feedback very seriously so that we can always strive to improve their experience staying with us.

We apologize for the experience that you had during your stay and would like to assure you that this is not a typical experience that we hear from our guests and is certainly unacceptable to us. We have taken steps to immediately address the issues with your room and also prevent them from happening elsewhere in the hotel. We are reviewing procedures with our housekeeping team and also investigating ways to improve our breakfast selection.

We hope that you will give us a second chance to prove how seriously we take our guests comfort and the service we provide.

Dave Moran
General Manager TownePlace Suites Dulles Airport

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I love this place. I am here right now! I decided to stay here for one night since I have an early morning flight out of Dulles International in the morning. They have a nice outdoor patio/relaxation spot right near my room. They also have complimentary breakfast. My room looks like an apartment. It has a full mini kitchen with a refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and a microwave. I have an office space with plenty of room. Television in the livingroom area and one In the bedroom. So cofy! Wow!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 27, 2012

it might be not good for big family in 2dbl room suite to chear only one bathroom , the front desk staff was so freindly and amazeeing to help me find another hotel ,as one bath room only for 5 ppl not accebtabel by me family .beside a/c was bad,the 2nd room so small , its really near the iad a/p .

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank aymanashour
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I just spent eight weeks at the TownePlace Suites in Sterling because of business I was doing at nearby Dulles Airport. First and foremost, the staff, and Manager Dave were hands down the most caring and nicest staff I have ever met at any hotel location. They are always pleasant and accomodate every single request you have with a smile. They are to be commended for their customer service. I stayed in a studio type apartment on the third level and felt like it was my home. I never even had to wash a dish. Housekeeping would load and run my dishwahser for me daily. There is a laundry facility on the second floor which is very conveinent and affordable. $1.50 each for the washer and dryer. It is in an offbeat location as far as getting around if you do not have a vehichle with you. But if you do have your vehicle, your golden. There are soooo many options for shopping and dining all within a 10 miles radius. The Shuttle Service for the hotel does drop off at the shopping locations however only in the evenings between 6pm and 10pm. I would stay at this property again and again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Travelers also viewed these Sterling hotels
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport
Best Western Dulles Airport Inn
SpringHill Suites Dulles Airport
Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Int'l Airport
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North

Been to TownePlace Suites Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about TownePlace Suites Dulles Airport

Address: 22744 Holiday Park Dr, Sterling, VA 20166-9497 (Formerly TownePlace Suites Washington Dulles Airport)
Location: United States > Virginia > Loudoun County > Sterling
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#7 Business Hotel in Sterling
Price Range: $75 - $248 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — TownePlace Suites Dulles Airport 2.5*
Welcome to the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Dulles Airport! Located within 4 miles of the Washington Dulles International Airport, the TownePlace Suites Dulles Airport offers a convenient commute for out of town guests. Our all-suite extended stay hotel offers all of the amenities to make you feel at home including, spacious living areas, flexible floor plans, free parking, complimentary Wifi, full kitchens with utensils and dishware, Free hot breakfast, and much more. TownePlace Suites Dulles Airport also offers complimentary shuttle service to the Dulles International Airport and to other local attractions. Ask front desk for shuttle details. Whether you are staying for business or pleasure our Dulles Airport hotel will be sure to meet your travel needs. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your TownePlace Suites Dulles Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Towneplace Suites Washington Dulles Airport Hotel Sterling