“Best in town” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Potomac Falls, Virginia
“Best in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We keep coming back because Aoba has the best Japanese dishes and freshest sushi in the area. Price is a bit pricey for a small strip mall joint but the food is worth every penny! We always order nigiri and rolls as well as the udon and katsu (personal favorites). Weekday lunch menu is a great value!

Reston, Virginia
“Always friendly, always good sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We frequently go to Aoba. (They ask where we've been when it has been a while between visits.) The sushi is always fresh and expertly prepared. The service is friendly and efficient.

Possibly the best sushi and Japanese food in Northern Virginia.

• Visited March 2013
Sterling, Virginia
“Excellent sushi!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

One of the best sushi places in Sterling/Ashburn area. The staff is friendly and accomodating (though sometimes there are language problems) . Went to this place on numerous occasions, never had bad experience. The food is always fresh and made in a creative way.

Visited December 2012
Augusta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

By far the best Sushi I've had in the area. Their shrimp tempura roll is my absolute fave. I haven't had any food there other than sushi, but what I've had has always been super fresh, really yummy, and not expensive. Well worth your time and money.

• Visited November 2012
U.S. expats
“Good Quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I lived in Japan for several years; it is difficult to find that quality again. I admit it--I am spoiled.

Aoba does a nice job--the miso soup is light, and I enjoyed the homemade assorted pickles. If I could change that, though, there were two many highly salty pickles--they should include some more of the yellow daikon. It was delicious.

We ticked off the boxes on a piece of paper instead of using the menu, and I am glad we did. We got exactly what we wanted for three people. The spicy tuna roll was really fab, and my daughter convinced me to try the shrimp tempura roll, which I will definitely try again. The eel was really, really good. In fact all the sushi and sushi maki was very good.

Parking is a problem--there are about 5 or 6 restaurants in this mall, and never any parking. Also if you eat here in cold weather, sit on the side of the restaurant that is not near the door. Despite two doors, lots of chilly air moved in every time someone came in to pick up an order for take-out.

• Visited January 2013