“Sushi, yes; Brunch, no!” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 7 & Cascades Parkway
McLean, Virginia
“Sushi, yes; Brunch, no!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We made a reservation for Sunday brunch, thinking that we might need one. Not so: At noon the parking lot was empty and the front door was locked. The hostess unlocked the door and explained that the bartender hadn't arrived, so they couldn't do mixed drinks. We asked: "Is there a chef?" Yes, there was, and a server had also just arrived. We were given dinner menus, then (when we asked) brunch menus, which included a few odd sushi choices (one included bagels and lox--but they were out of lox) and a lobster omelet that was way over-peppered. Dry crab cake sandwiches had only a dab of the promised aoli, and the fries were room temperature. Desserts (especially fried bananas) were tasty, but not enough to save the day. Too bad, since Sterling lacks brunch options!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Kathy M

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Definitely Not 'Hooked' - slow service, mediocre food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We did not order the sushi; maybe that was our mistake. Our experience wasn't completely terrible, but given all the other stellar food options in the Northern Virginia area we won't be back here. The pro is it does have a nice outdoor seating area with shade, and the interior of the restaurant is nice, but the ambiance was kind of killed by loud and questionable music choices (think 1990s Backstreet Boys).

We had two side salads to start with that weren't bad but way overpriced. I had a pear mojito cocktail that was ok.

I ordered the shellfish clay pot and my husband ordered the Louisiana seafood gumbo. A small amount of shellfish was served in a watery, not very flavorful "curry" with lots of bok choy and grape tomatoes and pasty overcooked rice. Curry, by definition, is usually on the thicker and more flavorful side; it was also odd because it was oily and dairy at the same time, which obviously resulted in some indigestion. Not to mention, I am 125 pounds and I left hungry. The gumbo was ok but the chorizo in it were pretty nasty; I usually love chorizo and had never had unsatisfactory chorizo before.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank bigcitygurl_13
Sterling, Virginia
“Great seafood for a Reasonable Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Recently visited Hooked for Mother's Day! Started with a cocktail that was the special of the day! It was very good. Not too sweet but wonderfully satisfying. I ordered the crab cakes w/asparagus. The meal was wonderful. I love crab cakes and know when they have been prepared well. These were just right.

• Visited May 2014
Reston, Virginia
“Another excellent meal.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

This was not my first time at Hooked, but I took a few friends who haven't been and they loved it. The restaurant was pretty crowded, with a class reunion taking up most of the bar, but the service was excellent and the food was great. We had a young sushi virgin with us and the manager explained to her what she would like and she walked out a sushi fan. We ordered most of the rolls and had the lobster mashed potatoes as a side. This place will remain on my list of reliable favorites.

• Visited April 2014
“Fresh flavors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Took my friend for a birthday lunch. The food was fresh and tasty. Service was good and decor is nice. This restaurant is on the pricey side so more of a treat, but I recommend.

• Visited February 2014