“A Great DC Restaurant”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 7 & Cascades Parkway
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We arrived at 7 on a Thursday night but were seated immediately. The service was excellent! The waiter recommended the sea bass, possibly a fish that is not sustainably harvested. When asked that question, he went to ask the question and returned with the answer that the sea bass was indeed sustainably harvested! So I ordered it! It was amazing -- melt in the mouth wonderful -- with a lovely light sauce and vegetables. Such a wonderful treat on my first night here.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I went to Hooked on a quiet Sunday evening, the restaurant was about 25% occupied.

I was disappointed in the seafood menu. It was just the standard faire I can get at any restaurant. At a restaurant that specializes in seafood I expected to see several fresh choices from whatever available that day.

Caesar saled was good, but overdressed. Jumbo crab cakes didn't have very much flavor. For dessert I had the warm chocolate chip cookie with vanilla bean gelato and chocolate sauce. Sounded like a chocolate lover's dream. Unfortunately, it was not. The gelato lacked the taste of vanilla and the chocolate sauce was sparingly dripped on the gelato. The chocolate cookie was very good.

My disappointment continued with the wine. I ordered a glass of the Mantazo's Creek Chardonnay. It was very good, but at $13 for a small glass of wine (the wine is usually available at Costco) I felt overcharged.

Overall, it would be very difficult to recommend Hooked.

2  Thank Kevinprin
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We used to love Pacific, the restaurant that was there before Hooked. But we also love seafood and decided to give Hooked a try. The food was expensive, the quantities were small and the flavor lacking.

2  Thank southernjewel
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We been to Hooked several times and each time we never know what to expect with regards to service and food quality. On our last visit my husband and I sat at the bar. He ordered the sushi and I ordered fish tacos.

They brought out my fish tacos ( very good) and told us there was a back-order on the sushi (though the dining room was more then half empty) and they did not want my fish tacos sitting. I was almost done with the meal when my husband food came out. My husband wanted to eat dinner with me - not watch me eat dinner. The fish taco and sushi ( very good) were reasonalbly priced as we took advantage of the happy hour special. We seem to have more luck with the bar menu then the dining room menu.

The atmosphere is nice and they have outdoor seating with a fire pit and fountain.

1  Thank cnncreech
Reviewed August 21, 2012

A pleasant surprise to find fresh, creatively prepared sashimi and unique rolls in this location. Was very glad we tried it. Mediocre service in a modern dining area.
I see people complaining about price and value in their reviews but for the sushi there the prices are average. In fact we noticed the rolls had been American sized and seemed 15% larger than average!