“A welcome surprise”

Cuisines: Greek, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stopped in Hillsville Virginia after a long day on the road. The Roma was an unexpected pleasure. It boasts a warm welcome, an impressively good faux Tuscan decor, a broad menu and very good food and service. We would stop in Hillsville again just to enjoy this hidden gem.

Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I routinely visit here for date nights. The chocolate martinis are fantastic, and the pizza and pasta are delicious.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Since crab is my all-time favorite food, I ordered crab cakes. Imagine my disappointment to find the crab cakes had been broiled on top of two thick lemon slices! I know some people like lemon on fish, but the lemon completely overwhelmed the crab. It was an expensive dinner and very disappointing. My daughter ordered Calzone and thought the Marina sauce was very bland. My granddaughter ordered a personal pizza and thought it had way too much tomato sauce. I usually love this restaurant but yesterday was a bad experience.

1  Thank Ckduff
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The gyros are sooooo go, everything else is ok and you get what you pay for, but the gyros are the bomb. Worth the trip, the Moussaka has to much cinnamon

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This restaurant is dependable if not outstanding. My preference is for the Italian side of the menu over the Greek side. Having said that, the Greek stuffed mushrooms were outstanding on our most recent visit. My wife had the gyro platter and quite liked it -- the quantity was also more than generous. I had the pork souvlaki platter and thought it was a little on the dry side, unfortunately, although the flavor was quite good.
The fact that the Roma is in very easy walking distance of the Comfort Inn makes it a certainty that we will return whenever we stay there.