“A favorite Italian stop, off I-81”

Roma Casual Italian & Greek Dining
Cuisines: Greek, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 1, 2012

This restaurant, in a little strip mall just off the interstate in Stephens City, is a favorite of ours, if we're in the area. (Just south of Winchester) The decor is plain, casual. The service is friendly and efficient. The menu provides the usual Italian dishes (we usually end up with a pasta), though it touts a few Greek specials too. The fresh, in-house rolls are a fine start, with olive oil dip (bolstered with garlic or cheese, for me). Salads are fresh. We urually hit it mid-day, and it seems to be a favorite with locals - a good sign.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

We stopped in Stephens City on a Sunday evening, heading home after a long weekend. Roma was right around the corner, there were plenty of cars in their parking lot so we headed there for dinner. The inside was warm and welcoming with wonderful smells permeating the air. The gentleman who seated us said our server would be with us shortly. She must have been very busy because the same man came over & took our drink order, which was promptly filled. He also took our order for bruschetta. We found out later that he was the manager. Another server brought a basket of warm, wonderful rolls, which was followed shortly by the best bruschetta I’ve ever had! Slightly warm, fresh tomatoes, wonderful olive oil, yum! We probably could have stopped there but my husband and daughter ordered pasta from the wide variety of offerings and I had the gyro sandwich. All I can say is oh, YUM!! Everything was hot, fresh and amazingly tasty. My daughter also had the Chicken Avgolemeno soup and we were happily surprised to find the recipe on the restaurant’s website. The manager, Josh, stopped by our table again to check on us and I absolutely raved about how much we were enjoying our meal. Our server, Kate, did a very good job despite being very busy and the attentiveness of both Josh and the other server to help her out was commendable.
We live in Virginia Beach but whenever we’re passing through Stephens City, we’ll make the time to stop at Roma again!

1  Thank itsagvn
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I enjoy Roma's for dinner, the food is always fresh and the pasta is cooked very well.

2  Thank Traci M
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We just happened upon Roma on a "quilt fabric trip", and had a delightful lunch in a really lovely restaurant. Located near I-81 and Rt. 277 in Stephens City, we enjoyed the gyro sandwich and the Greek lemon soup as well as the complimentary freshly baked rolls, which were outstanding. Prices were reasonable, and the menu extensive. I look forward to returning there for dinner, which I understand is packed! Definitely a fantastic find!!

1  Thank momE1
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Food was excellent as was the service. Certainly exceeded my expectations for a small restaurant in a place I have never heard of before. Far better than most. Fairly priced.

1  Thank Club_Toss