“I really wanted to like this rstaurant!”
Review of Big Daddys BBQ - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Big Daddys BBQ
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We were travelling through the area and stopped here based on the high recommendation of my brother. In fact we made this a destination because we really wanted to eat here based on what we had heard. This meal was really a disappointment.
The "experience" began when - who we found out later was the owner - seated us and told us of the beers she was out of. Ok, we ordered a soda and an iced tea. A few minutes later the drinks arrived and we ordered our meals. Me - rib platter; my wife - a two meat platter with pulled pork and brisket. Next, the owner comes out and says that they are out of ribs, with no apology. Really? A bbq joint that is out of ribs? We were really one of two tables in the place and four people at the bar. Ok, change ribs to chicken. Food comes out to the table. Best to worst - brisket was really good. Perhaps the best I've had. Pulled pork was ok. Chicken was ok except the dark meat was so dry. One really high point was the deep fried Oreos. They are "that good"!
During the meal we could not help but hear the conversation between the owner and another customer who I have to believe she knew. During the conversation which was mostly complaining loudly about many things and many people, the owner made the comment that she looked forward to days off when she did not have to deal with customers! It was depressing to sit and listen to this. And her interactions with us made us feel like we were an imposition.
My summary boils down to this - as we drove out of the parking lot I was angry that we had made the effort to get there, and we had spent our hard earned money on this meal.
I'm sorry. Can't recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank InSearchofQ
There are newer reviews for Big Daddys BBQ

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband and 3 month old (yes we are brave) stopped here after a nice saturday in Sherando park. I ordered the chicken pull sandwich and my husband had the "pick two" chicken and pork sandwiches. The BBQ was tender, and there were 3 sauces to pick from to DIY it from there. I like that bc everyone likes their bbq a little different. The fries were PERFECT. Fresh! Best fries I've had in a long while. We were going to come back for the food alone, but then, bonus, the owner talked to us for some time - she is wonderful! She said her brisket is a big seller. The homemade sauces are hard to beat. One of them takes 10+ hrs to cook ! Deserves to be on our restaurant circuit on repeat. Will be back.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife and I decided to stop here for lunch on my day off. Service was okay for us being the only ones in the room. I do tend to agree with certain parts of the other reviews. Attitude could have been better but it is what it is. I sampled many different dishes as to get a good taste of many menu items. The bbq was good maybe a little above average, ribs were okay. One thing I found missing were any types of wipes for your hands or paper towels. This is a BBQ place and when I asked the server (owner) said there is the restroom to wash your hands, I found that bad. I have eaten in many BBQ joints and all have something like wipes to clean your fingers off.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is one of my favorite BBQ places that I've ever eaten. To the people bad mouthing this place i say, more bbq for me. If you are looking for a place with a huge menu and lots of choice, this is probably not the place for you, but if you are on the hunt for a great BBQ meal, This is the place!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Their food is good if they have it. They are consistently out of product and don't let you know until you order...we were there this past weekend and they said "We don't know what people are going to order!". Probably what is on the menu is what people are going to order, it is a very small menu. The woman that serves is perhaps the rudest restaurant owner I have ever met. She seems to be the only one ever working and has no idea what customer service is and can't handle any more than a few tables at a time. I wanted to love this place but unfortunately they just consistently underwhelm. A new place just opened up in Winchester and I would recommend the drive as I don't think Big Daddy's will be open much longer with how they are running their business.