“what a pleasant find”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stephens City
The Inn at Vaucluse Spring
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I typically stay at another B&B in the area for our anniversary but we were looking to do something different for my birthday and boy am I glad we did! This place was tucked in down a little dirt road and it was breathtaking. We stayed in the Thornton room located in the old winter kitchen. The house which dates back to the late 18th century was gorgeous, the staff was attentive and wonderful, and our room was clean and relaxing. We ate dinner there one night and breakfast both mornings, all delicious. The owners were always present chatting with everyone. Our entire stay felt tranquil, a home away from home of sorts. I was a little disappointed that they forgot my birthday but if that's the worst thing, I can live with it. I could spend all day writing about how great it was, but you just got to go find out for yourself. We'll definately be back.

There are newer reviews for The Inn at Vaucluse Spring

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Earlier this year, we enjoyed our 16th visit to Vaucluse in 13 years! Obviously, we enjoy Vaucluse, but it was quite special to meet other guests who were also repeat visitors! Neil and Barry are always gracious and entertaining hosts. While a lovely breakfast is included, we would definitely recommend including Friday supper and Saturday dinner in your plans. Classy, classy, classy!

Room Tip: Check out the website first. You may wish to call the Inn and speak directly to Neil or Barry about...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AmmaG
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband and I spent a wonderful Fall weekend here in September. The pictures on their website drew me to the Inn. The wonderful food and service will bring me back. The variety of lodging on the property is a different "Inn" feel. We stayed in the Gallery which was incredibly roomy with two floors, a huge bathroom and fantastic fireplace (all stocked). The homemade three course breakfast served in the "main" house was awesome, but the Chef's Saturday night five course dinner was the best I ever had! WELL worth the drive from PA.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jen T
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My wife and I spent 4 nights here in mid-October. We're glad we did. We stayed in the manor house which was elegant and well kept. The breakfasts were first rate. Our room was large with its own fireplace. This place is somewhat pricey but those who want to splurge and celebrate a special time, I'd recommend it. In addition, the grounds are beautiful, picturesque and the orchards and farm markets nearby make for a great stay.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maynerd
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I've just returned from the most wonderful weekend at The Inn at Vaucluse Spring. This is my second visit and I highly recommend the Inn to anyone looking for a warm and inviting Inn in the charming the Virginia Countryside. The Innkeepers, Neil & Barry, warmly welcomed us to the Inn as if we were old family friends. The rooms are comfortable, beautifully decorated, and thoughtfully appointed. The meals were heavenly! Each meal was creatively prepared with seasonal and locally grown ingredients, and special food needs and requests were cheerfully accommodated. I will definitely be a return guest at the Inn! I cannot wait until my next visit!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tgalvin
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Quite honestly, as good as it gets. So many have written such effusive praise and, yet, none have managed to overstate the excellence of The Inn at Vaucluse Spring.

We will not be redundant. We will simply say "Thank you so very much, Neil and Barry, Chef Adam, Angela and every single member of your staff, for an absolutely perfect anniversary weekend. We cannot wait to return!"

Mike and Carolyn

Room Tip: We chose the Mill House Studio. Private, romantic, rustic, with a king bed that will dare you to le...
1  Thank VABeachGuy07
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at The Inn at Vaucluse Spring to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. My parents had been to The Inn several times and thought it would be a great anniversary gift to us. They were correct, we had a wonderful time. The atmoshpere was very relaxing and the owners (Barry and Neil) were terrific hosts. Though we were not able to take a drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway (due to the Government shut-down), we were able to visit several different wineries and get back to the Inn in-time for a wonderful dinner. I would recomend the Inn at Vaucluse Spring and hope to get back soon.

1  Thank Dave S
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 2 in Stephens City
Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows

Been to The Inn at Vaucluse Spring? Share your experiences!