I enjoyed everything about this hotel. The staff were friendly and courteous, checking in and out was a breeze, the rooms were clean with all of the amenities I required, and the breakfast had many options. The rooms and the decor look modern and well-kept although I think the building might be older and renovated.
The bathroom had a nice big shower head with great water pressure. The tv had the big movie channels, such as HBO. My only concern was that the pillows were a bit lumpy but this did not affect how I slept. The pillowcases had nice labels embroidered on the edge to indicate which were "soft" or "firm", but they all had the same consistency. At least they weren't down pillows; I really don't enjoy down pillows. I am sure that if I had asked the staff, I could have gotten replacement pillows, but it didn't bother me enough to say anything. Otherwise the rooms were spacious and comfortable.
This hotel was easy to get to from I-81 and there was plenty of parking. I felt safe in the area going to and from my car at night. Once in my room on the second floor, I could hear some of the traffic on I-81, but it didn't disturb me even though I am a light sleeper.
I only stayed one night as a stop over while driving a long distance. This hotel was just what I needed. I would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Winchester, VA South. Located off interstate 81 in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley, the hotel is nestled next to the scenic town of Stephens City, VA. Check out our upgraded guest rooms offering new mattresses, bedding, interior design package, 32 inch flat screen tvs with HD content, upgraded wireless high speed internet, microwaves, and refrigerators. The Holiday Inn Express, Winchester, VA South satisfies the lodging needs for both the business and leisure travelers. Located minutes from Stowe Woodward, Thermo Fisher Scientific, DuPont, Carmeuse Lime and Stone, and Dominion Front Royal Power Plant, the Holiday Inn Express is the hotel for the traveling business professional in need of quick and easy access to Interstate 81 as well as US Route 11 and Route 522. Need to take a break? Settled in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains near the entrance of Skyline Drive, start off your morning with our complimentary Express Start hot breakfast and visit Cedar Creek battlefield and enjoy the Civil War heritage of the Shenandoah Valley. Not into history? Take a dip in our outdoor swimming pool or take advantage of one of the five golf courses only minutes from the property. With over 100 attractions near the hotel the Holiday Inn Express Winchester, VA South can become your vacation headquarters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Agoda, Hotel.de, Reservation Counter, HRS and Despegar.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Winchester South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Winchester South Hotel Stephens City
- Holiday Inn Stephens City
- Stephens City Holiday Inn