New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Stephens City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Just what I needed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

I enjoyed everything about this hotel. The staff were friendly and courteous, checking in and out was a breeze, the rooms were clean with all of the amenities I required, and the breakfast had many options. The rooms and the decor look modern and well-kept although I think the building might be older and renovated.

The bathroom had a nice big shower head with great water pressure. The tv had the big movie channels, such as HBO. My only concern was that the pillows were a bit lumpy but this did not affect how I slept. The pillowcases had nice labels embroidered on the edge to indicate which were "soft" or "firm", but they all had the same consistency. At least they weren't down pillows; I really don't enjoy down pillows. I am sure that if I had asked the staff, I could have gotten replacement pillows, but it didn't bother me enough to say anything. Otherwise the rooms were spacious and comfortable.

This hotel was easy to get to from I-81 and there was plenty of parking. I felt safe in the area going to and from my car at night. Once in my room on the second floor, I could hear some of the traffic on I-81, but it didn't disturb me even though I am a light sleeper.

I only stayed one night as a stop over while driving a long distance. This hotel was just what I needed. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Stephens City, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

Excellent staff. House keeping did a great job. The gentleman Chris at the front desk was very helpful and professional !! I would recommend this stay to anyone. I do plan on returning. It doesn't get much better then that !! :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Shelby Township, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

This hotel is very customer friendly especially to business groups that need a place to hang out. The hotel let the large group of employees of IAC use the lobby, couches and tables and tv to all relax with each other and have dinner as a group. This could not have been done in the hotel rooms due to the amount of people. The staff is extremely friendly and will do anything to make your stay enjoyable. This is a excellent establishment to stay if you are passing through or working in the area.

Thanks again,

John - IAC

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Front Royal, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Thank you for everything . Chris check me in and did an awsome job.. very nice. Carol was very sweet also very helpful. We had a great stay and will tell our friends and we will come back in the future. Thank you for everything

Room Tip: chocolate in the room :)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
North Augusta, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

We enjoyed the first stay here on our return trip we stopped again the beds are very confortable the staff is awesome the breakfest was real good lots to choose from the rooms were very clean wifi is great we will stop here again on our trips North and South.Give it a try. thanks Chris .

Room Tip: choose Holiday Inn Express
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Heather M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Winchester South, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear RABSR,

Thank you so much for the kind review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the future! Happy Thanksgiving!

The Team at the Holiday Inn Express Winchester-S, Stephens City VA
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

It had been a long day riding and we were extremely tired. The Holiday Inn Express was a welcomed stop. The front desk staff was very helpful, the weather was rainy and they allowed us to park our motorcycles under the cover and they said they would keep an eye on them through the night.

We checked in, had a couple beers in the bar area to unwind. They had cheap happy hour specials going on, After a couple drinks we headed back to the room. We found the room spotless and very comfortable. When we checked out in the morning we were considering having breakfast there but only had coffee ... I found a Waffle House down the road and I love WH breakfast, we don't have any where I live so when I get a chance we go. I am sure the rest at the Holiday Inn would have been just as good as the rest of our experience!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 1V-MAN1
Heather M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Winchester South, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear IV-Man1,
We appreciate your business and your recent review of our services. We are pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with a welcoming atmosphere and shelter from the storm—your bike too. If you pass through our region in the future please do stop by and see us.
Take care,
The Team at the Holiday Inn Express Winchester-S
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We usually stay at the Holiday Inn in Front Royal but because we were late in making reservations during the height of the leaf peeping season, we ended up in Stephens City. We had an excellent room -- it was very nice and restful. Our breakfast was good although the only quibble I had was no non-sugar sweeteners (the night before -- there was plenty for our tea so it must have been the morning rush).

It was very crowded but there was no problem checking in, getting around, getting breakfast and checking out.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank readhd59
Dear redhd59,

Thank you for your recent review. We are thankful that your travel plans included our hotel this time. We appreciate your business and are happy we were able to offer you an “excellent” room. We hope to see you again in the future.

Safe travels,
Wayside Inn
Wayside Inn
#1 of 3 in Middletown
Holiday Inn Winchester Southeast-Historic Gateway

Been to Holiday Inn Express Winchester South? Share your experiences!