“Veronica and Vickie are amazing!”

Holiday Inn Express Winchester South
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Stephens City
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The night staff could use improvement, however Veronica and Vickie saved my opinion completely! They provided me with some of the best customer service I have ever had! I wish they worked for my company!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
Heather M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Winchester South, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Dear Bhambro,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We are happy to see our team members, Veronica and Vickie, provided you with top notch customer service! I apologize for your experience with our night staff during your stay. We have listened to your feedback and have implemented changes and training practices accordingly. We hope to exceed your expectations in this area during your next visit. Thank you!

Safe travels,
The team at the Holiday Inn Express Winchester-S (Stephens City)

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Looks like its been newly remodeled. Poor Internet service. Slow and sometimes couldn't get on at all. Breakfast bar not as good as other HIE I've stayed at in the past. Which is surprising because it's always been great at other HIE. If you need a rollaway expect to move furniture to make it fit. Never had that problem before was a bit annoying. Friendly staff. Outdoor pool, not heated. Nasty greasy looking stuff on the head board kinda grossed me out too. I wish housekeeping would wipe that down in between guest.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way back home. This was a quiet stay. Close to I-81 but the hotel is situated perpendicular to the highway so road noise is low. The room was clean and the staff pleasant. Complimentary breakfast was adequate but I missed fresh fruit. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Redfish43
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed here for a week. The hotel itself is clean and well maintained. The staff is exceptional .... very friendly and make every effort to ensure a pleasant stay. We will be staying again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2012

While I didn't find this HIE to be as excellent as others here, it is certainly very good, and I would recommend it with no complaints...the property appears well maintained, and the beds were very comfortable, and the bathroom was clean with extra thick towels(nice touch!), and the breakfast was very good and well supervised....(hmm, maybe it was almost excellent, so let's upgrade to very good plus!)...if you're not just passing thru, there are some interesting spots nearby to see...stroll along main street of stephens city for the look of a lost era...checkout the family drive in theater for a rare nostalgic relic...and take a look at dinosaur land for hoot worthy fun!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank vistacruiser69
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I am always concerned when making a hotel reservation without having knowledge of the hotel first. I researched what I could on the internet and read good things about this hotel. When we arrived all the things I read became true. Starting at the front desk all the way trough the stay, it was all good! The best surprise to me was the "hot" breakfast they have every morning. Not just muffins and beagles but eggs, sausage, biscuit & gravy and the best warm ciniminion rolls! I highly recommend this hotel for your stay. You wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2012

That's right. There really are times when all we want is good, clean, solid value with no surprises. That's what I expect from HIX. That's what the Stephens City property delivered.
The hotel is super convenient to I-81. The room was large; towels were abundant; bed was very good. Complimentary breakfast was standard HIX fare: cold cereals, yogurts, fresh fruit, cheese omelets, bagels, juice, coffee. It's not the greatest, but it is a welcome amenity that adds to the overall value.
We left immediately after breakfast, so cannot comment on things such as exercise room or swimming pool.
We were very satisfied with this property and will not hesitate to stay there again.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn Front Royal
Hampton Inn Front Royal
#1 of 10 in Front Royal
Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows

Been to Holiday Inn Express Winchester South? Share your experiences!