“Great Fried Chicken”

Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Clifton, NJ, USA
“Great Fried Chicken”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Great fried chicken and other homemade items. Had a great selection of main dishes along with lots of sides, a salad bar, carving stations and dessert table. Located within walking distance of Holiday Inn Express and Comfort Inn.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank NJCatLady

Summerfield, Florida
“Buffet”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Like pretty much all buffets, a lot of different choices and we ate way too much. Food was good and service good.

Visited August 2014
Gainesville, Virginia
“Average at best”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

the staff is nice that is all I can say that good about this place. The first time I came I thought it was about a B average. However second time I came this place has gone down hill. It will needs a deep cleaning everywhere. Food needs to be upgrade. The menu needs to be upgraded. I have no plans on coming back for a 3rd time.

• Visited March 2014
Hedgesville, West Virginia
“Definitely will not return to this restaurant.”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I along with another couple decided to try the Butcher Block's seafood buffet on a Friday night, 7/18, for $17.99. We had never been to this restaurant and had wanted to try it out for some time. We will definitely not return to this restaurant. Let me start with the fact that the carpet is filthy and the rest of the restaurant looks like it could use a good commercial cleaning or updating. When we went to the buffet to get our food we discovered that the scallops were imitation, the oysters were mainly breading, and there were no crab cakes on the buffet. This was the worst meal that I have ever had the displeasure of eating. None of the food on the buffet appeared to be up to temperature and was actually barely lukewarm. I can't imagine that they would pass an inspection by the health department. They had AYCE crab legs with the buffet if you paid $42.99. I would have definitely demanded my money back if I had paid that exorbitant price for what we found on that buffet. When you look at their web site menu it appears that they have an extensive buffet but that is not true. They list all the items that are rotated in and out of the buffet on different nights. It is actually not that big for the price. I wanted so badly to find a good seafood buffet here locally but my whole group was really disappointed. No, we did not ask for our money back but decided this was a live and learn lesson and we learned that the Butcher Block restaurant in Stephens City won't get anymore of our business and we will pass the word along to our friends and families.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Hedgesvillegirl
Sterling, VA
“Homemade comfort food!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is no Golden Corral! Most items on this buffet are made from scratch! My wife and I visited before going to the drive in theater in Stephen's City. We thankful that we chose this place! It was a Sunday night at about 7pm and it was fully stocked! Everything was delicious. Some of the items included mac and cheese, roast beef, fried chicken, fried fish, soups, salads, cheesy potatoes, mashed potatoes (with choice of 2 gravies), collard greens, and a dessert bar. The cost was $10.99 and worth every penny!

• Visited July 2014