“nice family restaurant in stephens city”
Review of Butcher Block Buffet - CLOSED

Butcher Block Buffet
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2008

ive eaten at butcher block several times since it reopened under new owners. i found the buffet to have something for everyone and the quality was quite good. i especially liked the salad bar with beyond the ordinary choices for dressings. the atmospere was friendly, the establishment much improved in terms of decor and furnishings, the restrooms were clean and the staff was attentive without being overbearing. one of the owners was all over the place going from table to table to make certain everyone was happy. the price was right and the selection was plentiful. my family and i had agood experience and have returned on several occasions.

Reviewed February 29, 2008

Over the past several years this restraunt has had several owners, several names, and various types of cuisine. It has always been a buffet though and has always been fairly good. I was happy when I recently tried out the Butcher Block Buffet and it was still a great place to eat. It recently reopened in December 2007 after being closed for atleast 6 months. The new owners are also the owners of the neighboring italian restraunt, Roma's. I went to the Butcher Block Buffet on a Saturday night for dinner. It cost about $10 but I saw that they are also open for lunch and cost about $7. My favorite items on the buffet was deffinitely the ribs and BBQ brisket. The pulled BBQ was also delicious and they even had baked macaronni and cheese. Besides thier hot buffet, there was a large salad bar and dessert bar. On the dessert bar, I found the most tempting cinnamon buns ever! People were actually forming a long line just to get one. Trust me, if you visit the Butcher Block Buffet, you have to try one! When dining at this restraunt, try to come early because while I was there it was very busy. People were having to wait outside in line to get in. In conclusion my experience went very well. If you are into BBQ and smoked foods then you should give this place a try!

1  Thank food_advisor