All reviewsthe barnthe main housesleep number bedrolling hillssun roomhomemade granolagas fireplacefrench toastlarge tvb b'sbreakfast is servedeach morningevery amenitydowntown stauntontea and coffeesouthern hospitalitystayed for two nights
Reviewed May 26, 2010

We stayed for 2 nights at The Inn at Old Virginia while we were visiting Staunton and Monticello and driving the Blue Ridge Parkway last month – and we were so glad we’d chosen it. The house is delightful – we stayed in the Barn in Thomas Lewis Harman Suite and it was really wonderful. Incredibly spacious, the most comfortable bed and a huge bathroom with Jacuzzi bath, just right for after a day’s sightseeing. The whole place is beautifully designed and our room even had a little balcony outside where we could sit and read and look over an idyllic pastoral scene of a small pond and cows grazing.

The breakfasts were wonderful too, and healthy and not over-rich. Great Banana and Granola pancakes one day, and a delicious yoghurt and fruit and granola concoction another, these were some of the best breakfasts we had in a month travelling in the States.

Eve is a delightful hostess and makes you so welcome – she’s interested in your travels and comes up with excellent recommendations. We ate one night at the Mill Grill and it was fabulous – best ribs I’ve ever ever had anywhere. And Deana is a so helpful as well, so we felt totally taken care of. The kindness and thoughtfulness and attention to detail is very impressive. For example Eve remembered on the second morning I’d asked for hot milk with my coffee and it was ready for me. Tiny touches like that lift somewhere from being lovely to being truly special.

In all, this was a restful and perfect stay in the middle of a long road trip, with fascinating places to visit and great food in Staunton. We ate at the Pampered Palate and the Cranberry Café as well, both excellent healthy deli food and also had organic ice creams from the Split Banana, don’t miss them!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2010

we were traveling home to Maine from Florida and looked for a B/B with no animals due to my severe allergies. We found it, a wonderful inn and inn keeper. It was one of the few times I have felt almost as comfortable as being in my own home. A great little town to stop over and see some really neat sights close to the inn. The room was comfortable and extremely clean and the breakfast was the best I have ever had at a B and B. We would definitely give it 5 stars.Don't hesitate to stay at this inn, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Inn at Old Virginia this past weekend. We wanted a nice, quiet, romantic weekend alone. We loved this place! Eve, the innkeeper was the paerfect hostess. The breakfasts were delicious and the inn was spotless. Our room was large, clean, comfortable and beautifully decorated. We enjoyed the in room hot tub and fireplace. We will stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2010

My husband and I stayed at The Inn of Old Virginia for the weekend. The pictures they show on their website don't do the place justice. It was our first visit to Staunton. We used to always go to Jordan Hollow in Luray but since a change of ownership a few years ago that place has really gone downhill. Staunton was fabulous. It has several really nice restaurants and a great downtown with plenty of shops. The inn was fabulous. Each room is different and the innkeeper is very nice. The breakfasts each morning were very good. We also went horseback riding at the Star B Stables. The trails were very nice and the price was very reasonable. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank k9619
Reviewed November 9, 2009

I really enjoyed my experience at this B&B. Delicious breakfasts in the morning, a very clean, comfy room. Comfort-select bed, very soft sheets. The inn is on a nice stretch of property with a lovely mountain view on one-side, and the building itself is far enough back from the street, that we had no traffic noise in our room at all. We stayed in the main house section of the inn, and since no one else was in the other room that night, we had the run of the whole main house, living area and all. Plenty of great books and dvd's to choose from in the library. The owner was warm and had clearly paid a lot of loving attention to the hotel. I thought she was absolutely delightful. The inn is about a 8 - 10 minute drive from downtown Staunton.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business