All reviewsthe barnthe main housesleep number bedrolling hillssun roomhomemade granolagas fireplacefrench toastlarge tvb b'sbreakfast is servedeach morningevery amenitydowntown stauntontea and coffeesouthern hospitalitystayed for two nights
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Wow! Don't miss this quiet gem of a place in the rolling hills of Virginia. Impeccably maintained and thoughtfully decorated by a caring owner with relaxed 5 star service.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 21, 2011

For part of our 1st anniversary, my wife and I traveled to Staunton, VA for the CVJO jazz concert at Gypsy Hill Park. We enjoyed a quiet and comfortable evening at this Inn at Old Virginia. Checking in was no problem. Deena made us welcome and Eve Carter, the owner/manager, made sure that our accommodations were satisfactory.
In fact, we were the only guests, so it was peaceful and serene. There was a rainstorm that night and one of the appealing aspects was the sound of rainfall on the metal roof. There is also an extensive library plus a DVD collection featuring "better than average" movies. Breakfast was delicious as well as healthy.
The location is slightly out of town, scenic and clean. It was ideal for us, but also good for families and small groups traveling together. There are meeting places and enough room for bridal or wedding parties.

Room Tip: There are several rooms to choose from and we picked #203.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EastCoastCruisers
Reviewed August 4, 2011

My friend and I spent 3 nights at the Inn of Old Virginia in July and absolutely loved our time there. Eve is wonderful and has done a fabulous job with the Inn. We were in the Barn - our room was beautifully decorated, in excellent condition and immaculate. The very short walk from the Barn to the main house for breakfast was lovely. The only thing we missed, that we've enjoyed at all other B&B's, would be snacks and cold drinks available to guests. A couple of rooms in the Barn do accommodate pets, which is very nice for those traveling with a furry family member.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 20, 2011

The Inn is in a wonderful setting. We stayed in the Cpt. Lewis Harman room which is in the main house. The room was clean, spacious and well appointed as was the entire inn. The innkeeper and her associated were welcoming and very gracious. An outstanding B&B experience.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2011

My girlfriend and I went to the Inn for a quick weekend getaway. As I arrived there was some sort of event in progress. The guests thought that I was somehow part of their event...a little disconcerting given that I'm a single guy and it looked like a baby or bridal shower. Well, the owner quickly came to my rescue and whisked me out of that crowd. Thank you for that Eve!

We were in a detached building called "The Barn." The barn doesn't look like any barn I've seen. It's a wonderful building with individual rooms surrounding a central living room/common area with a large stone fireplace and view out over the pastures...very relaxing. I can't tell for sure but it looks like every room has an exterior door that leads out to a deck. I know our room did and it looked like all the others as well.

The room was very nice. Everything was absolutely clean and as Eve showed me the room she pointed out all the things you need to know but don't know to ask...does the door automatically lock? What outlets are switched? Oh, did I mention the select comfort bed in our room?

My girlfriend, knowing my quest for the best ice cream in the world, forewarned Eve to tell me where their local best was. I got to say, it was a top contender. Other restaurant and activity suggestions were available for the asking, including maps and directions.

Breakfast was served the next day in a wonderful glass enclosed room. Don't worry though, there are shades over the glass ceiling to keep the temperature comfortable. Give Virginia humidity, it was little being outside for breakfast while still being dry.

All in all, a very relaxing overnight trip to the mountains of Virginia and a very wonderful little town of Staunton, VA. The Inn was close enough to the interstate to be perfect for "passing through" but was far enough away and on a big enough parcel of land that you didn't even know where the next neighboring house was.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple