1,039 results
All reviews restaurant next door train tracks rowe's restaurant rubber duck fresh berries indoor pool room was clean restaurants within walking distance great place to stay gas station easy access off the highway would stay here again nice stay free breakfast very nice hotel waffles
Selected filters
Reviewed June 10, 2019

clean room, clean hotel, friendly service breakfast was good, location was easy to find, had indoor pool clean and water temp was good, was able to find three restaurants within walking distance of motel.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed May 28, 2019

2 girls at the front desk were clueless on check ins. My check in took more than 20 minutes. The woman didn't know how to apply a BW gift card. She had to look it up in a folder. Our 8 rooms were not all ready, even by 4pm. Something should have been offered to us for the inconveniences.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Micah R, General Manager at Best Western Staunton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2019

i Am sorry you had difficulty checking in.. Best Western has changed the redemption
policy for travel cards and has made it very time consuming and difficult. I must add
that 4:00 is standard check-in time for most hotels.

Reviewed May 27, 2019 via mobile

I have to say I was surprised at how high the reviews ratings for this hotel are. Yes, it is clean and the personnel are friendly and the location is okay but it is next to train tracks.

We had a room on the first floor (115) and the word that comes to mind to describe it is “tired.” The decor is very dated and everything in it was clean but was also very worn. The armchair upholstery was definitely vintage ‘80’s and the armrests had the sheen that only many decades of use provides. I felt uncomfortable about putting my arms on them. The mattresses had to be almost as old, they had no support and hurt me all night long. The bed linens were very worn, had been through too many washes and were worn thin. The pillows were old and lumpy. The bathroom had more of the same worn look: the bathtub, counters and faucets had been vigorously scrubbed so much they the finish was worn off, leaving a dingy and unpleasant look. The carpet was lumpy and there was a hole in it (about 2” square) near the bathroom door.

On the positive side, there was a nice indoor pool, also very clean. Breakfast is included with the stay and it was fresh with extensive options. Despite the train tracks, it was a very quiet stay.

Despite the pool and the breakfast, I can’t help but feel this hotel is overpriced. And after reading other reviews, I wonder if we stayed in the same hotel!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Best Western Staunton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2019

We are in the process of a renovation and at the time of your stay, the only floor not renovated is the 1st floor. We have new carpet and room tile, updated bathrooms and furniture and new queen beds in place. I hope you will stay with us again to enjoy our improvements.

Reviewed May 19, 2019 via mobile

Clean, comfortable, quiet spot for an overnight stop while traveling a long distance with our dog. Building is very 70s but all works well. Easy on/off I-81. Good breakfast and good take-out restaurants a short walk away to pick up dinner. Pets are free.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Thanks for staying with us. We are in the process of a renovation and should have a new look very soon. Please come see us again to enjoy our improvements.

Reviewed May 18, 2019

The manager watched as we struggled to unload our car, but eventually he held the door open and said Hi. The room was large, clean and very comfortable. Although a railway runs behind the hotel we never heard a train until 6.30. An excellent breakfast of fresh fruit, bread, cakes, waffles, and hot food was available, with plastic plates and plastic forks, knives and spoons. Would definitely stay here again. Restaurants are next door and two gas stations are nearby if snacks required.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Louise,
I'm sorry the evening desk staff didn't assist you. I will mention this to them. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and our breakfast selections. I hope you will stay with us again.