“Welcoming place, great breakfast”

Best Western Staunton Inn
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
florida
“Welcoming place, great breakfast”
Reviewed November 8, 2009

This Best Western is right off I 81 in Staunton, VA. It is very clean, pet friendly and a great place to stop to visit the Civil War battlefields or on a trip North-South.

The staff was wonderful, the breakfast was terrific and the place was very clean and spacious.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Tennessee
Reviewed October 15, 2009

We stayed overnight here on our way to Washington, D.C. I would definitely stay here again. The rooms were nice, clean, and comfortable. The hotel staff was courteous and pleasant. Nice complimentary breakfast and loved the rubber duckie in the bathtub.

Also, eat at Mrs. Rowe's next door. Wonderful food and make sure you buy some raspberry filled sugar cookies from their bakery.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Midlothian, Virginia
Reviewed August 10, 2009

-clean room, well appointed with fridge and microwave. Note: my sisters room didnt have these items cause she used a Roomsaver coupon
-breakfast is free and includes cold boiled eggs, microwaveable omelets, fruit salad, yogurt, muffins, donuts, sausage biscuits, milk, coffee and juice
-indoor pool is small but very clean and warm
-most staff were very nice
-elevators were out of service our entire stay but we were told that before we checked in. As a result I was given a discounted rate of $70 plus tax. Not bad for a Saturday night
-hotel is right beside a steakhouse chain, cracker barrel and an award winning southern-style restaurant is right in the parking lot
-McDonalds is directly across teh street and here you can get a coupon for the Best Western if you don't alrady have one

TIP: Gypsy Hill park in Staunton was the nicest gem of a park I have ever seen. if you have kids you must go there!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank ahhouston
Virginia
Reviewed July 29, 2009

I reserved a room at the Best Western Staunton Inn for my Son and I to stay in after roughing it at Boy Scout Camp for a week. My expectations weren't high, but I was pleasantly surprised. The BW is conveniently located off I-81. There are two full service restaurants on either side of the BW, two gas stations on either side of the 4-way intersection -- one with a McDonalds, and a few shops within walking distance.

The BW itself has adequate free parking, an indoor pool, and a substantial free continental breakfast. Our room was in the back, close to the train tracks, which I could hear outside, but barely heard once in the room. The room itself was more than adequate.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank FrugalMother
Syracuse, NY
Reviewed June 23, 2009

We stopped over on our way to North Carolina and back up to New York on our return trip. Very, very clean, friendly staff, good coffee and fine continental breakfast! Highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoeyNigro
Adairsville
Reviewed September 19, 2008

We were traveling past 7PM on a Friday evening. My husband doesn't believe there are other travelers on the road. I had checked several exits ahead for a room and all hotels in this area were full or were charging $200. I had seen a billboard for Best Western in Staunton and looked up their number on my TomTom. The desk clerk assured me there were rooms but on the railroad track side. I agreed to this and gave her my reservation information. We arrived within 20 min to a beautiful hotel with very caring, personable desk clerks.
They were able to upgrade our room due to a cancellation. They gave us directions for places to eat -open late.
Our room was clean with a wonderful bed and plenty of room.
The next morning we enjoyed a clean, delicious breakfast with good choices.
The best surprise was the little rubber ducky set in our bathroom to welcome us and make us feel at home.
We would definately stay here again.

• Liked — Nice clean room for a fair price
  • Disliked — a little close to the railroad tracks
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
isle of wight
Reviewed August 3, 2008

Stayed one night and using coupon book manage to secure the room for $64 + tax. Room was good & very clean, and it's the first time where it's come complete with a duck! This little plastic duck they hope you'll take with you and hopefully, return some day with it. In the evening enjoyed the pool at which time a coach load of people arrived and while not a problem come breakfast I had to feel sorry for the lady stocking up the breakfast area, as she had a coach load of people, all wanting breakfast at the same time but still she found time to fill up our flask with hot water while being run ragged, trying to ensure everyone was satisfied, hopefully she'll be there next year when we return.
From Steve & Maggs, Isle of Wight, UK.

• Liked — the duck
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple