Best Western Staunton Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Comfort Inn(Staunton)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsrestaurant next doortexas steakhousetrain tracksrowe's restaurantrubber duckfresh berriescracker barrelindoor poolfamily restaurantroom was cleanrestaurants within walking distanceeasy accessgas stationcontinental breakfastoff the highwaygreat place to staywould stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My husband and I have stayed many times at the Best Western Staunton Inn in Staunton, Virginia. We have always enjoyed our stay and especially like the recent updates which have been finished. It is a very nice hotel and the staff are friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Joan R, General Manager at Best Western Staunton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Thank you for you continued support. Also thank you for appreciating the updates. I'm sure you especially liked the breakfast bar addition. Please continue to stay with us on your trips to VA.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I was traveling with my school group and I was startled at around midnight to find a bedbug crawling in my ear as I was falling asleep! The next morning, I showed the management pictures of the round, plump, fully-feasted bedbug along with a second bedbug I caught in a cup that morning. Although all my evidence was almost indisputably clear, they continued to deny the fact that indeed the hotel has bedbugs and that there were bedbugs in my room. Now here is why this hotel gets a TERRIBLE review: after only filing 1 complaint at around 8 am and coming back around 30 minutes specially just to give them a sample of a live bedbug which the head housekeeper requested, the lead chaperone of our group got a call from the General Manager of the Best Western. In short, the call was a warning that if I kept talking about the bedbugs, the general manager was going to KICK OUT our ENITRE GROUP! Fearing the threat and knowing we couldn't find another hotel that could accommodate our group on such short notice, I kept quiet for the rest of the trip. But now that we are never going back to this hotel, I feel I am doing the public a favor by spreading the word that this hotel is trying to cover up the fact that they have bedbugs!

--Might I add that I was very calm and professional when talking to the staff at the Best Western in spite of my apparent snappy attitude in this review. I kept my voice down in the lobby and quietly called a local insect expert for cross-referencing.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
23  Thank Jacob K
Reviewed May 25, 2014

The hotel staff were very polite and informative. Asked about local steak house to eat and they said it was very good and it was excellent. The hotel gives a free rubber duck to guests as a keepsake and that was a nice keepsake. Overall a very nice stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Joan R, General Manager at Best Western Staunton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

I am very happy you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed the duck. Our owner has had the ducks in rooms for years and guest really do enjoy them. We hope we will see you on future visits to VA.

540-885-1112
bw48lm91@yahoocom

Reviewed May 21, 2014

My wife and I stayed here one night and loved it. Our room was super clean, quiet and the beds comfortable. A nice change from the usual hotels. The staff was extremely accommodating and friendly. Overall, we will definitely be back and would recommend this Best Western to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Joan R, General Manager at Best Western Staunton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Thank you for your kind comments. It is good to hear we made your stay so pleasant which is certainly our goal. Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to your next visit.

540-885-1112
bw48lm91@yahoo.com

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Excellent breakfast - staff friendly and helpful - would definitely stay there again - was visiting family in the area - pool small but clean, kids had fun playing. Excellent breakfast - staff friendly and helpful - would definitely stay there again - was visiting family in the area - pool small but clean, kids had fun playing

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Best Western Staunton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Thanks for visiting us at the Best Western Staunton Inn. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and thanks for sharing your comments for other travelers. It is nice to know you will visit us again when you return to the area. If I can assist with future reservations, please contact me at 540-992-4077 or cia@rbnet.com.
Thanks!