Best Western Staunton Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Comfort Inn(Staunton)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsrestaurant next doortexas steakhousetrain tracksrowe's restaurantrubber duckfresh berriescracker barrelindoor poolfamily restaurantroom was cleanrestaurants within walking distanceeasy accessgas stationcontinental breakfastoff the highwaygreat place to staywould stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The staff is very accommodating and the value received is excellent. They have remodeled the breakfast area which serves to accommodate their visitors in a very orderly manner with excellent choices on the menu. Located very close to excellent family lunch and dinner restaurants. The added touch to the room décor is the gift of a little rubber ducky as a souvenir, we now have six of them.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Best Western Staunton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Thanks so much for your review and for being a repeat guest.
We have done a lot to the hotel over the winter months. I'm glad you noticed our hard work and enjoyed the new breakfast bar area and expanded menu. I hope there is something for everyone, if not let me know and we'll see about adding it.
Make sure you add to your duck collection on your next visit. If your duck travels with you, I would love to see pictures of the adventures. Some people have sent some really funny pictures of their ducks as they travel.
If you would like to share pictures or have suggestions for additions to the breakfast menu, please contact me at 540-992-4077 or cia@rbnet.com.
Thanks for traveling and staying at the Best Western Staunton Inn.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This hotel has been completely renovated. The rooms are spacious, with two recliners for comfort. The breakfast room offers a good selection of hot foods. While we didn't use the pool, it looked very clean and inviting. However, the price of the rooms has gone up accordingly.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Best Western Staunton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thanks so much for your review. We have done a lot of work over the winter months to make our hotel more enjoyable for our guests. Thanks for noticing and pointing them out. We have added a large new breakfast area and expanded our food selection.
Thanks for staying with us and I hope you will visit us again soon. If I can assist with future reservation, please let me know. You can contact me at 540-992-4077 or cia@rbnet.com.
Thanks for being out guest!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on the way to and back from Pigeon Forge, Tenn. The hotel was very nice with a small indoor pool that is right off of the main lobby. The continental breakfast was very nice and they always had coffee available which is great to have with a piece of pie from Mrs. Rowe's Restaurant next door (best pie ever). The only draw back we had was that the elevator was broken on the way down and when we stayed a week later it was still broke. There is a train that goes by a few times a night so depending on where your room is located, it does disrupt your sleep.

Room Tip: Check to see if the elevator has been fixed if you have trouble climbing stairs. Ask for a room farthest from the railroad tracks.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Best Western Staunton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Thanks so much for your review.
I'm sorry the elevator is still out of service, but let me give you the story behind it and maybe you'll understand. We have a service contract with our elevator repair service and they do a monthly preventative maintenance service of the equipment. Well this elevator happens to be 26 years old and as such, has lived it's life! The main hydraulic piston that actually works the elevator, quit working. This is not a minor repair, but a major undertaking. First we had to wait for a new piston to be custom manufactured and shipped to us. Then work began to remove the old piston and install the new. This meant digging it up from the ground in the elevator shaft. All to the tune of about $30,000.00. YIKES! The good news...the elevator should be functioning again this coming Monday or Tuesday, April 22-23.
I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you and any of our other guests. Believe me, if there was anything we could have done to prevent this, we would have.
Other than the elevator, I'm pleased your stay on both trips was enjoyable. I'm so happy you stayed with us twice on your trip. Please come see us again and I'm positive the elevator will be functioning properly. If I can help with future reservations, please contact me at 540-992-4077 or cia@rbnet.com.
Thanks again,

Reviewed April 14, 2014

This hotel was comfortable when I stayed last year. This year the elevator didn't work , the room was by the trains, and the bed was terrible. I stay in Staunton at least twice yearly and I probably will not return to this one.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for your comments. Our elevator is having some major repair work that is taking longer than expected, but several parts had to be custom made and shipped in for installation. The elevator should be functioning again in a few days.
I hope you will give us another try. If I can help with reservation, please feel free to contact me at 540-992-4077 or email me at cia@rbnet.com.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

A Bus trip for 34 passengers stayed here both traveling to and from Johnson City, N.Y. to Pigeon Forge, Tenn. It is very conviently located, very clean and also has a new breakfast room since we stayed here last. There is a great little restraunt next door (Mrs. Rowe's) or you can walk a short distance to Cracker Barrel or Texas Steakhouse. We recommend it to travelers on Rt. 81. Be aware of the trains in the night if you stay in the backside rooms. They could scare you if you didn't know if they were there.

Room Tip: Elevator is broken--try for the first floor. Try to not stay in the back rooms--trains.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

I hope your group had a pleasant time in Tennessee. Gatlinburg / Pigeon Forge is one of my favorite areas to visit.
Thanks also for your review of our hotel. I'm pleased you enjoyed your brief visit with us, and I hope you will return again soon.