“Disappointing Stay”

Best Western Staunton Inn
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We have stayed here many times on our way to Florida. This time it was disappointing. The first
room they gave us had a dirty stained bathtub and the fridge did not work
The second room was on the 3rd floor and had an extremely noisy heating unit and the elevators
did not work. Lugging stuff up 3 floors was not good for seniors,
They have added a nice breakfast room .

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Joan R, Front Office Manager at Best Western Staunton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

I am sorry your stay with us on your last visit was disappointing. I want to apologize for the condition of the tub and the fact that the fridge was not working. I also want to apologize for the heating unit in the next room you were put into and to also let you know that our front desk would have been more than happy to help you with your luggage going to the third floor.

Thanks for the nice compliment about the breakfast bar and we hope that if you come through this way again, you will allow us the opportunity to allow us to make your stay a better one than the one before. If you have any more questions or concerns, you can contact me at:

540-885-1112 or BW470814@YAHOO.COM

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Staff was absolutely incredible!! Freeway is easy on easy off access. Close to shopping and historic downtown. The breakfast was great, pool was clean. Other then the stink bug infestation. My stay at this hotel was an A+. We WILL BE BACK TO VISIT.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for the wonderful comments about the staff, the breakfast and the pool. The stink bug problem is ongoing, especially during the winter months. Hopefully this problem will be solved as the weather changes. Thanks for the A+ rating. Looking forward to seeing you again in the very near future.

540-885-1112 or BW47081@yahoo.com

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I had stayed at this Inn prior to this time. I thoroughly enjoyed myself even while on business. It is a relaxing Inn and I traveled a little further than I had planned just to stay here again. I have told several of my colleagues about this Inn and they have also enjoyed staying here.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are glad that you enjoyed your visit with us and took the time to put your comments on Trip Advisor. We are also very appreciative that you would recommend our hotel to your colleagues and glad that they have stayed also. We look forward to seeing you the next time you travel through our area. If you ever need to contact me, I can be reached at:

540-885-1112 of BW47081@YAHOO.COM

Reviewed March 12, 2014

When you travel with two Westies, dog friendly doesn't always mean people friendly. Not the case here. Staff was great, very friendly, treats for the dogs, excellent suggestion for dinner in town. Room was clean, access was okay (the elevator was out of order). Noise does travel through the walls and it was a busy Saturday night. Nice pool right off the lobby got lots of kid use.

Excellent access to I-81. I agree with Ward W that the breakfast bar is disappointing. Nearly everything was prepackaged and tasteless. The oatmeal was like glue and not edible. However, a Cracker Barrel is just 200 yards up the road.

Room Tip: Front faces the road, back faces the railroad. Get first floor if the elevator is still out.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful comments about the staff and the cleanliness of the room. We are so happy that we could accommodate your pets because we are truly a pet friendly hotel. We are glad that the children enjoyed the pool. We would like to hear any suggestions you have regarding the breakfast since you feel that it was not satisfactory. If you have any questions you can contact me at:

540-885-1112 or email me at BW47081@YAHOO.COM

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Good hotel and value but a lousy breakfast bar. Good location for attending unc/odu football game in November of 2013. The right team lost handily but we still had fun. I don't like having to bs my way through this part.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am glad you thought our hotel was a good value, but would like to know why you thought our breakfast was lousy. We are open to any suggestions you may have and hope that if you come this way again, you will and stay with us. I can be contacted at:

540-885-1112 or BW47081@YAHOO.COM

Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Needed a quick and convenient stop on our way back to Syracuse. The Best Western in Staunton was conveniently located to the highway, restaurant (for dinner), and gas station. Their breakfast was great, and the dining room was clean. Would stay here again on our way up & down the coast.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Joan R, Front Office Manager at Best Western Staunton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Thank you for the wonderful comments you made about our hotel. We do our best to see that every guest has a pleasant and enjoyable stay when they come to visit. We look forward to seeing you again when you're traveling up and down the coast.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

My husband and I were very pleased with our stay at Best Western in Staunton, VA. If possible we choose to stay at Best Western when we travel.the majority of the time and are always very pleased with the staff and the fact that we can have breakfast before we travel. Staff is always polite and helpful. We always recommend Best Western to our family and friends.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Joan R, General Manager at Best Western Staunton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

I am very happy you find your stays here pleasant and thank you for your reccommendations.
Please continue to visit us and we will hopefully we will continue to satisfy you lodging needs

GM