“Better than advertised”

Best Western Staunton Inn
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Staunton
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stopped by this location on our way through Virginia on the spur of the moment thanks to the lack of driving skills by those on the road around us. It was clean. Bob at the front desk was helpful, and it has the nicest hotel pool I've seen in a long time. It was a departure from our normal business class accommodations and seems to be aimed at Sr. citizen travelers and families. The TV channel selection could be improved to include age appropriate programming for children. My wife and kids did not like the trains passing so close to the hotel through out the night, but really that was the only draw back. Even though the rooms were pet friendly and likely had pets in them at some point, my daughter did not have a reaction.. this is says a lot about the quality job being done by the cleaning staff as she is highly sensitive to even the slightest dander.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms on the railroad side.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Joan R, General Manager at Best Western Staunton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We are in the process of upgrading our TV channels. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay even thought the train was a little noisy. Please keep us in mind on your next visit to VA.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Staunton Inn

Reviewed April 7, 2013

The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. The pool was in great condition and the perfect temp. Breakfast was fine, and there are several vending machines in the building for snacks and soda. I do wish there was juice in one of the machines as we were traveling with children. My only real concern was that we had 4 trains go by during the night. We were warned that there were train tracks near by and had to sign a form stating we knew, but we had no idea how intense it would be. When the trains would pass it would make our ears pop and it was very painful, I would sit straight up in my bed from sleep when the train would pass. It was pretty scary for the kids too. The hotel was great, but not on my list to stay at again but only because of the trains.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Joan R, General Manager at Best Western Staunton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

I was very happy you found our hotel to your satisfaction except the trains. They are unscheduled so we have no idea how many or when but 4 a night is alot. On your next visit please request a front side room and there will be no issue with the trains. Your suggestion about juice is very good as sodas are not the best choice for children or even adults. I will contact our vendor and see if that is a possibility

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Newly renovated, comfortable and exceptionally clean. Loved being able to have our dog stay without a fee. Room was well sanitized and smelled fresh! Would never know pets were allowed. Wanted to stay on our return trip but there was no vacancy. Will definitely book ahead next time. Very reasonable rate too.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Joan R, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Staunton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank for you kind remarks. We try to offer the best guest service possible. We hope you will stay with us on your next visit to VA.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stop here frequently between our home in Virginia and family in Arkansas. The motel is nice, breakfast is always good, and the people friendly. We also love the fact that it is next door to Mrs. Lowe's!

1  Thank Robert D

Thank you for your comments. We hope you will continue to visit our hotel on you trips through VA.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Whenever I visit my daughter in Knoxville, TN I stop at this Best Western. I have never been disappointed in the cleanliness, friendliness of staff and the location is practical to my destination. The rooms are clean and smell fresh. Just what I need after hours on the road.

1  Thank Janice C

Thank you for you comments. It is very nice to hear a guest has a relaxing experience as it should be. I hope you will continue to visit us on your trips to TN.

Joan M. Rush
GM

Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in Staunton recently. Hotel was great as usual, and a follow up call to make sure the room was satisfactory was nice to receive! Pool was fine as well as breakfast. Will stay again next time in area, and always recommend this place!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Teriroost
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Best Western Staunton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thanks for your wonderful comments concerning your recent stay. I will pass them along to the entire staff. We appreciate your repeat visit and look forward to serving you again.
Gary Purvis
VP of Operations
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

The hotel is being completely renovated. Our 3rd floor room was cozy, nicely decorated and appointed, and clean as a whistle.
The front desk clerk, Bob, was wonderful and recommended a super restaurant.
Breakfast was more than adequate.
Two cautions: 1. An active railroad is positioned just behind the hotel. I happen to live near a railroad, so this did not disturb me in the least.
2. There was no refrigerator in our room

Room Tip: Elevator is on premises, so any floor works. You may want to request a room that does not abut the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dianne S
Joan R, General Manager at Best Western Staunton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

I appreciate your comments about your room on the third floor and the decorations but we have not started the 3rd floor at this date. If you appreciated the decor now you will be very happy on your next visit.