“Good for short stay”

Best Western Staunton Inn
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Staunton
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Rooms were comfortable with good mattresses. Clean. Pool was very small for the large group we had. Good breakfast with choice of hot items. Did not hear train or any noise.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 29, 2011

This is a nice hotel but it is closer to an active railroad track than I've ever been before. We arrived after dark and were not aware that the track was behind the hotel. It seems that the freight lines go past it several times a night. I wouldn't stay here again simply because of the train noise. The room was clean and the staff helpful.

Room Tip: Get a room on the front or be prepared for the tr.
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MissDixieDelight
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Best Western Staunton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2011

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Staunton Inn. I am pleased you had an enjoyabe stay.
I apologize for the difficulty with the GPS. I have tried several times with the mapping companies to get this problem corrected but have not been successful. I will make calls again and work on this to help future guests with directions.
I hope you will continue to allow us to serve your lodging needs when in the Staunton area.
Gary Purvis
VP of Operations

Reviewed June 28, 2011

I stayed here on my way through virginia. The rooms are clean, the rates were reasonable, and the continental breakfast was above par for this type of hotel. My only complaint is the address. There are 2 Rowe Roads in Staunton, and of course my GPS sent me to the wrong one. This hotel is just off exit 222. If your GPS tries to take you into the town of staunton, you're going to the wrong place.

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank Michael J
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Nice place to stay, but 3 trains went by in the night and were VERY Loud!

Reviewed June 16, 2011

We arrived late in the evening and tired. Hotel staff were friendly, professional, and
understanding. The night manager was even waiting at our room with the requested
rollaway cot before we made it there with just having grabbed a couple of bags and the kids. She then went back to the office and returned shortly with additional rubber duckies for my other children (the room provided one) - a nice touch.
The only drawback to the stay involved a couple passes by nearby railroad trains(which the staff did advise us about). No real problem,though. They weren't that loud, the AC was on, and we were sleepy!

Room Tip: Towards the road would be best.
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Took a trip out to Staunton and spent a night here and was pleased. The room was simple but clean and I think had a great amount of amenities...microwave, coffee maker, safe, iron, ironing board, shampoos, soap....couldn't ask for more. The beds were comfortable even though the decor was outdated but we really didn't care about that. Breakfast was a bit disappointing as the ad I think is a bit deceiving. Yes there are waffles but they are frozen waffles. Yes, there are omelets but they are already made wrapped in plastic sitting in a fridge waiting to be microwaved. It's just basically egg. They also had sausage and biscuit sandwiches, fruit and boiled eggs along with cereal, oatmeal and toast. The staff is very friendly and very accommodating. We asked for a possible early check in and got it!

I only had two gripes...1. the internet was beyond SLOWWWWW and 2. the shower backed up a bit!

Other than that, it was a great experience and I would return in the future.

Reviewed April 24, 2011

Excellent hotel, incredible breakfast with so many choices; I couldn't ask for anything more. The room was very clean and comfortable. My teenage niece really enjoyed the heated pool. There was only one computer for public use; next time I will bring my own computer and use the free wifi. I will definitely stay here again.

Location: if you are using a GPS, it will take you to the wrong location. When I called the hotel, they stated a totally different address which was different from the

Pet Friendly hotel: I was not traveling with my dog however there were large and small dogs staying at the hotel--it's a very pet friendly hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the rail road tracks
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Staunton
Sleep Inn Staunton
Holiday Inn Staunton Conference Center
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 14 in Staunton

Been to Best Western Staunton Inn? Share your experiences!