“just a hop, skip and a jump away from Penmerryl Farm”

Edelweiss Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 140 Restaurants in Staunton
Cuisines: German
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The food was delicious. The atmosphere warm and inviting. The waitstaff very friendly. Can't wait to return to try more of their offerings.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Even though the atmosphere is nice, the food left a lot to be desired. We ordered the sampler platter - and one dish tasted like the next dish which tasted like the next dish..... Veggies were edible but pretty tasteless. I wouldln't drive out of my way to visit here again.....

Reviewed January 21, 2013

This restaurant was located close to our bed and breakfast. The food was great and reasonably priced. We shared the sampler with a few extra sides and could not finish the generous portions.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stopped here on the advice of friends. Kind of quirky to find a little German restaurant on the side of the road, but it was a pleasant surprise. The owner was super friendly, going from table to table and was actually our waiter. Lots of German beers to choose from. My husband ordered the brats and some other sausage and he said it was good. I ordered the spinach pie and it was microwaved which made the texture a little odd. The taste was good, but you could tell it had been microwaved --- I would suggest avoiding that. Oddly, a Kaiser roll was served instead of German bread I would have expected. Good side dishes including mashed potatoes, red and white cabbage. The green beans left something to be desired. The restaurant looked clean but dark and poorly lit. All made up for by having someplace other than fast food to stop on the way through the area. Not sure if we would stop there again, but maybe.

1  Thank Cynthia P
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I don't usually take the time to write a review about anything unless it either greatly exceeds my expectations or I feel people need to be warned away. This place was great! We travel through Staunton when visiting family in NC or TN and like to stop for a real meal on the way. Fast food is verboten and we like to know there's a vegetable on the menu that the kids will eat. It turns out the kids love weinerschnitzel, and really liked the cabbage and green bean sides. They lobbied hard against trying a new restaurant, but we got a "thousand thumbs up" on Edelweiss from the kids. Mom and Dad thought the food was outstanding as well!