“The Oysters are good”
Review of The Depot Grill

The Depot Grill
Ranked #5 of 137 Restaurants in Staunton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2008

Okay, I'm picky when it comes to good seafood; I had the oysters at DG and they were off the hook. The sides were also really good. I'm going back to Depot Grill even after reading some of the following reviews.

2  Thank cvilledrums

Reviewed June 30, 2008

On Saturday June 13, 2008 my son was in town for the weekend we took him to the Depot Grill for dinner. All three of us had you Hand-cut, local Angus beef. The rib eye I ordered was served cold and tuff. The other two in our party had the fillets they were also tuff . . I have eaten in many restaurants that serve fillets and never seen one that was only 3/8 of an inch thick and five inches across. Wish we would of picket MC Donald’s for dinner it would have been an improvement.

Gene (Staunton, VA)

4  Thank UnhappyGene
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Waynesboro, Virginia
Reviewed June 15, 2008

Fun place for families with or without children

2  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed March 23, 2008

Had a chance to visit Depot Grill on Easter Sunday on my way back home to Richmond. The restaurant was lovely with great atmosphere. The dinner and brunch menu looked inviting. My daughter ordered Crab Legs w/Baked potatos and Mushrooms on the side. I ordered the Crab/Eggs Benedict. Here's the run down. The iced tea and coffee were good. The bread served was bland but better with the wonderful butter it came with. The Caesar salad had very little, and I mean very little dressing on it but the croutons were very good. The Crab Legs were salty and mushy. Not good at all. The Crab Cake that came with my plate was good, OK. Nothing to write home about. The worst of my meal was the Home Fried potato's. They were overcooked almost to the point of burnt and seemed to have been sitting for a long time. Very, very cold. I'm so sorry such a beautiful restaurant was such a let down. I hope the owner reads this and fires the chef. This could be a first class place. By the way $45 for two people. No alcohol.

3  Thank TheFoodCriticofVa
Reviewed October 23, 2007

My friend and I enjoyed our appetizer, but we ran into a few issues with our beers and main courses. We ordered Magic Hat beers and were told that the keg just had just out. My friend's penne pasta dish was overcooked, tasteless, and soupy. My fettucini alfredo was too salty. There was too much bacon in my dish, and it wasn't even good quality bacon. My Star Hill beer tasted and smelled metallic. We did enjoy our Jomo beers and our fried oysters appetizer. The bread was also delicious. The atmosphere was comfortable, and the server was attentive. We will probably not be returning to The Depot Grill. (We visited the restaurant on 10-22-2007 around 8pm.)

2  Thank patricksfellowes