“All Aboard!”
Review of The Depot Grill

The Depot Grill
Ranked #5 of 137 Restaurants in Staunton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This was my second visit to the Depot Grill. Love the atmosphere; they've done a nice job converting the old train station while retaining original floors, woodwork, doors, etc. Wait staff was very friendly and courteous. I ordered the same dish I had my first visit: bourbon glazed salmon. Just fabulous! Didn't try any desserts either time because I was just too full at the end of the meal. Side note: free WiFi is available.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

A group of 11 from our family reunion went to the Depot Grille (DPO) for a dinner. Everyone was served as expected and was very pleased with the quality of the service and food. We had a wide range of food from the menu, including one children's meal entree. Service was superb and added enough to push the overall rating clearly to a 5. Salads were crisp and tasty, steaks were the temperature ordered, crab legs were a great hit, and the ribs had more meat than was expected. We will go back.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

the portions here are both plentiful and delicious. We had the Bruschetta to start with and a local beer from 3 brothers (very good beer). I ate steak and the wife had chicken, both came with large salads and both plates could not be finished. Excellent food in a casual setting. Oh, and to the lady with the screaming baby....thank you for that, it was lovely. Seriously, only good food will keep me sitting through that hot mess. Hit this place up for great food and great beer.

1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Brown paper table covers and good menu items for the kids. very well trainned, polite, efficient and knowledgeable wait staff.
Good primerib!
Don't order the local beef--burgers---dry and tastless camouflaged with a sweet sauce!

1  Thank tom f
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Just had an awesome (as usual!) meal at one of our very favorite eateries. We have been eating there 4 to 5 times a year-at least- since they opened, and have never been disappointed. Started with a white sangria and a cup of Cream of Crab soup. The soup was so unctious and flavorful that I could have stopped there and smiled for the rest of the evening. Was able to still have one of the earlier specials- a petit filet with three cheese macaroni. I had a pasta bowl filled with perfectly cooked penne smothered in a cheesy sauce (think long strings of melted cheesy gooeyness with every bite), with a perfectly seared piece of beef perched on top. My hubs had his usual ribs, and they were lovely as usual. If you cannot tell, we have nothing bad to say!!

1  Thank Jane S

Been to The Depot Grill? Share your experiences!