“Awesome supporter of local farms!”
Review of The Depot Grill

The Depot Grill
Ranked #5 of 139 Restaurants in Staunton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Went here today after a farm tour of Polyface farms in Swoop. We are on our way home from Texas so we looked for a restaurant that carried Polyface products that was on our way home. We settled on the Depot Grill based on that and our boys love of trains (we have 4 boys and they are all train lovers- our 2 girls are pretty big fans too!). The special was "The Polyface Burger"! All us biggers (my husband , me, 15 year old and 8 year old) all got the special. The 7 & 3 year old got kids meals ( which were huge!), the 5 year old got an appetizer ( was so big he had tons of leftovers) and the 2 year old got mashed potatoes after I confirmed they were made from real potatoes and not from a box :)
I have to say this was the best meal we have had thus far on our trip ( from TX to PA) and we always seek out non-chain restaurant. The waitress confirmed that they use local farmers as much as possible- local meats and produce. This is important to us and I wish more of our restaurant in TX did this. The food was great and service was fast. The waitress was sweet and the kids loved her. The atmosphere was wonderful and they welcomed our large family.

2  Thank Txfamily8

Reviewed June 14, 2013

A great quaint railroad station like location with lots of room inside. Prices were reasonable and the meals were great. try the bb bibs with the "rub" -- excellent

1  Thank FloridaorVermont
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I rated the Depot as "Very good" instead of "Excellent", only because the decor could use a little brightening up. But the food was excellent, large portions, attentive service. A much better meal than I expected based on the online menu. I had the steak salad (the have lots of daily specials), it was tender, perfectly cooked, and very large. Great desserts as well.
Give it a try.

1  Thank pythonesk
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The food is always good here, and like the long bar. Now that the bridge is open, I can walk home to Sears Hill after a few beers!

1  Thank StauntonGrecian
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We loved our visit to the Depot Grill. The food was delicious and the restaurant has a great atmosphere. I had the sesame tuna. It was delicious with generous portions. The seafood chowder here is amazing. We are from New England and very picky about our seafood chowder but this place puts out a top notch chowder. Not to be missed! The buffalo burger and smothered chicken were also excellent. You need to check out the bar while at the depot. The was formerly in a hotel in New York. It is over 40 ft long and the woodwork is truly beautiful.

2  Thank Kathy M

Been to The Depot Grill? Share your experiences!